Search for content in message boards

ALAI'ASA Family

ALAI'ASA Family

Posted: 19 Aug 2008 2:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Aug 2008 11:13PM GMT
Surnames: Alai'asa, Duseignuer
Hi I am trying to find some information on my Samoan heritage from Falefa, Upolu. My great grandfathers name was Fiti Alai'asa and he was married to Ema
Gabriel Duseignuer (Tuvaluan) , I think they had seven children, one being my grandmother Malia. She came to New Zealand around 18 years old but most of the family stayed in Falefa. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: ALAI'ASA Family

Posted: 19 Aug 2008 7:12PM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2008 11:13PM GMT
Surnames: Duseigneur
Ema, Maria, and Lasela Duseigneur were registered as "mischlings"="persons of mixed descent" under German law on 11 August 1903. They all came from Ifi ifi.
No occupations or ages stated

Posted: 19 Aug 2008 7:16PM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2008 11:24PM GMT
Surnames: Duzeigneur
A Mr Duzeigneur arrived in Samoa in the 1880s, according to H J Moors in "Some recollections of early Samoa"

Posted: 21 Aug 2008 1:13AM GMT
Surnames: Alai'asa, Duseigneur, Leifi, Stowers
Talofa/Hello:

Are you descended from Maria/Malia DUSEIGNEUR & Charles STOWERS?

Do you know if the surname ALAI'ASA is a matai title in the aiga/Family?

If so, do you know original/birth surname of Fiti? Is Fiti short for a much longer name?

I also created a RW TUVALU mailing list, though I haven't been able to give it personal attention (just have to get the word out) it's membership is growing.

Falefa is more north-east on Upolu (closer to Apia) where my LEIFI/ALAI'ASA are south-east end of Upolu.If we have a connection I'm eager to find out because I have been searching STOWERS lineage for quite some time but this is the first DuSEIGNEUR (and I'm familiar with the surname) comes up with STOWERS.

I have researched ALAI'ASA in my aiga/Family because ALAI'ASA married? my ancestor LEIFI of Saleaaumua(village), Aleipata(district), Upolu(island), Samoa(country).

My gratitudes go out to Christine Liava'a for her efforts to assist/help Samoans on their journeys.

Chris, I'm just getting comfortable with the Kiwis but I tell ya they get on my last nerves some days. Got any tidbits to share? And I do have ancestors from the South Island!

GRIN.

--Manaia

Posted: 21 Aug 2008 3:31PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2008 9:30PM GMT
Surnames: Stowers, Raymond, Paga
We are definately related to the Stowers, they are our cousins. I remember a charlie stowers, and one of his sons aaron Stowers. I am forwarding this message to my Half sister Rosanna Raymond as she may know more. As for Fiti being a shortened name I am not too sure. I randomly met a man named John Paga whos mother lived across the road from the our family in Falefa so are trying to tap his mother for info. Thanks for the help it is the closet info yet
fa. OH ALAI'ASA IS MATAI TITLE AS FAR AS I KNOW

Posted: 28 Apr 2009 10:41PM GMT
Hey There,

I was typing up the Alaia'sa family and i saw your message.well my grandfather is Penitito Alaiasa Duseigneur which he will be your grandmothers brother. my mom's sister is named after your gramz Malia and they live in Henderson. i live in glendene with auntie Emma named after the old lady. I'm here in samoa at the moment but i am returning to new zealand next week.. Are you in New zealand or aussie?? Well i hope you find this info helpful.. i would love to meet up with you. my cell phone in n.z is 0272215436..

Posted: 29 Apr 2009 3:35AM GMT
Hi Michael, thanks for the message, I live in San Francisco now but have been trying to track down information for a while now. After Malia passed away so did the Knowledge and there has been some fueding going on. My Sister Rosanna raymond and I have been looking for any help. I bumped into a guy here Called John Paga and his mother lived right across the street from the 8 brothers and sisters. I will try to call at some stage to talk.
Thank you.

Posted: 9 Jun 2009 10:58PM GMT
Hi There,
I know I'm a bit delayed, but my Father's side has the matai name of Alaiasa which my father currently holds, they currently live in Falefa and my grandmothers name was Ana Ulugia and my grandfathers name was Siania Salanoa.
I hope this helps

Posted: 29 Nov 2009 12:26AM GMT
Good afternoon I believe we might be looking for the same person. My mother is Musu Sivia Paolo from Upolu we are trying to get some background on her grandfather. My grandparents are Mina & Sivia Paolo if you have any information would you kindly email me I would love to share, much mahalo from Hawaii

Posted: 3 Sep 2010 2:12PM GMT
Quote:
"Falefa is more north-east on Upolu (closer to Apia) where my LEIFI/ALAI'ASA are south-east end of Upolu.If we have a connection I'm eager to find out because I have been searching STOWERS lineage for quite some time but this is the first DuSEIGNEUR (and I'm familiar with the surname) comes up with STOWERS." Unquote

Talofa Manaia,
I have just seen your post and STOWERS interest.
I am researching the family of my Aunt, Eugenia Senia (Jean) STOWERS (d/o Mikaele PATAU & Maria (Malaea) STOWERS) bn 2 Jul 1900 Taufusi, Apia, Upolu Is. W. SAMOA; d. 1 Aug 1973 Devonport, Auckland, NZL.
Would she be part of your research? If so, would you care to share data?
Fa'afetai, Glen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions