Search for content in message boards

Georgia Register of Convicts

Georgia Register of Convicts

Posted: 10 Oct 2013 10:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
See attachment -
when keying "next Image" page line 1 & 2 are the 1 convict so there is no line 2 on the previous "register" page, do we still key a line 2 on the next image as there is information there (colour, age, sex, though it is the same as line 1) or do we use the "knowledge" that it is the same person & skip line 2.

Kerrie.
Attachments:

Re: Georgia Register of Convicts

Posted: 11 Oct 2013 3:35AM GMT
I would key line 1 and 2. The reviewer won't check the previous image for which lines were used.

Posted: 11 Oct 2013 3:52AM GMT
OK thanks Karen. Thought that you can see the bracket on the left of the image it was obvious.

Will email support/Anna regarding my other year question.

Kerrie.

ps. don't you just love starting a new project!!

Posted: 11 Oct 2013 4:05AM GMT
Sorry didn't see the bracket because I wasn't supposed to be looking at the left side of page!!

Posted: 16 Oct 2013 1:48AM GMT
For the attachment, do we key both file numbers with the earliest date?

A4111, A1644 Burglary, Burglary Fulton 5 Apr 1935.

Kerrie.
Attachments:

Posted: 16 Oct 2013 1:59AM GMT
Kerrie,
Yes that is how I would key it too.

Karen

Posted: 16 Oct 2013 2:04AM GMT
Thanks Karen. Think I've got this sussed out now, but -
Do you have an answer for my last question on the discussion page? ( I was referring to when the file numbers are running consecutively)

Kerrie.

Posted: 16 Oct 2013 3:26AM GMT
Done.
- Karen

Posted: 16 Oct 2013 3:46AM GMT
OK, thanks.

Kerrie.

Posted: 24 Oct 2013 9:58PM GMT
Sent the following message to support 11 Oct & today 25 Oct got the following answer (or non answer).
Q : Clarification on expansion of years -how far do we go with using the knowledge that the years are in the 1900s when there are auto offences? If within the 1 set of (5) images, image 2 has auto offences therefore the year is 1964, then image 4 with the file numbers following in consecutive numbers to that of image 2 & the year is shown as 64 but the offences do not include auto, do we expand the year or not?

A:We apologize for the delay in the response and we appreciate your patience.
Each image in the Georgia, Control Register of Convict, 1817-1976 should be considered as a separate image. If you are sure that if an incident happened in the 1900's, such as an auto offence, go ahead and key in the expanded date. If however you are not sure what century an offence happened, only key in the two digit number.

Needless to say in the meantime I've been expanding the years as it's the logical thing to do as have others.

Kerrie.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic