Search for content in message boards

Rogers family from Dutchess County, ca.1800, to Jefferson County, NY

Rogers family from Dutchess County, ca.1800, to Jefferson County, NY

Posted: 16 Dec 2008 4:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rogers, Boice, Buys, Hallock
I am trying to trace Nathaniel Rogers, b.1741, from Dutchess County, NY and the Beekman Patent, to an unknown location. Nathaniel was married to Keziah Hallock in 1765, in Dutchess County, and lived in the Beekman Patent until the end of the 1700's. He is gone by the 1800 census. According to the series of books written about the Beekman Patent by Frank Doherty, one of Nathaniel Rogers' daughters, Amy, married David L. Buys (Boyce and various other spellings) and David L. Buys moved eventually to Jefferson County, NY. He may have lived temporarily in Schenectady County on his way to Jefferson County. Did Nathaniel and Keziah Rogers follow their daughter and son-in-law to Jefferson County? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

John Rodgers

Re: Rogers family from Dutchess County, ca.1800, to Jefferson County, NY

Posted: 17 Dec 2008 3:46AM GMT
Found some info on your inquirery but..some of it does't jive with your info..but I did find where the Boyce Family were burried as well as some Rogers in a Cemetary in Henderson, Jefferson County, NY...go to: Bartletts Cemetary Inscriptions or www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nyjeffer/bartlett.htmThe other information I got on rootsweb.com and Family Search.Com.....good luck...By the way I'm not related I do this as a hobby...DENNIS........

Re: Rogers family from Dutchess County, ca.1800, to Jefferson County, NY

Posted: 30 Jan 2009 11:55AM GMT
Surnames: Shew
John, I think we may have several family lines in common. I have Rogers in Dutchess Co & Montgomery Co (adjacent to Schenectedy, Boice in Columbia Co (next to Dutchess) & Hallocks in NYS & Conn. These are all connected thru my Shew family line. Please contact me at shewpm@gmail.com
Thanks, Pete
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions