Search for content in message boards

DNA AncestryDNA Member Match "has a hint" leaves gone?

DNA AncestryDNA Member Match "has a hint" leaves gone?

Posted: 9 May 2013 3:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DNA
This post was deleted by the author on 9 May 2013 4:28PM GMT

Re: "has a hint" leaves gone?

Posted: 9 May 2013 5:00AM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2013 5:28AM GMT
Yep - when I filter by "has a hint" I am missing a bout 2/3rd of the matches that were there. Of course, this morning, all of my matches said "no tree" but my husband's were fine.. Now I have matches with trees again...

Posted: 9 May 2013 5:11AM GMT
My mother's results just (finally!) came in two days ago, and she debuted with NINETY-NINE pages of matches. GULP!

However, she only had about ten leaf hints. I know she should have more based on the matches she shares with my grandmother and me. (Last night she did get one more, but nothing else since.)

So, yeah, adding another data point of confirmation that something is screwy...

Posted: 9 May 2013 10:36AM GMT
Friends, seems to me that when "something is screwy" like this it often means that Ancestry is changing something. Let's hope they're getting ready to give us a chromosome browser!

Posted: 9 May 2013 1:12PM GMT
This particular screwy issue has been around for a while. My 2nd cousin who I collaborate with on a regular basis doesn't show up with a shaky leaf even though our trees back to his grandfather and my great grandfather (brothers) are virtually identical.

In addition to missing leafs on a substantial portion of my matches I have leafs on numerous matches that are incorrect. Incorrect to the point that the person Ancestry is showing as our MRCA doesn't even exist in the other tree.

Posted: 9 May 2013 2:12PM GMT
Missing leafs in last 24 hours are being reported at various other places as well..there is a thread started on the community support forum about it that also notes comments on ancestry.com facebook page and on FTDNA forum...they have been problematic before but this looks like a new, widespread issue.

Posted: 9 May 2013 3:11PM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2013 3:15PM GMT
Looks like another section of a thread that has been moved?

To the OP on this thread you may want to add DNA to your subject line so that other posters on this board know it may not refer to the other types of hints, record hints and tree hints.

Anything mentioning hints is really prone to being moved either here or the member tree board.

One clue to look for in moved items is that the subject title isn't capitalized. This time I do not know for certain this was moved.

Posted: 9 May 2013 3:15PM GMT
Let me take a wild guess - this thread was originally posted on one of the DNA boards, and some admin (not David of course) was too incompetent to realize

THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT DNA !!!!!!!!!!

Posted: 9 May 2013 3:18PM GMT
This missing leaf problem is specific to our DNA matches and has been going on for quite a while. The correlation was apparent when the thread was in the forum it was originally posted in. Not so much since it's been moved.

Once again the moderator has proven herself in over her head.

Re: DNA AncestryDNA Member Match "has a hint" leaves gone?

Posted: 9 May 2013 3:37PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 9 May 2013 4:28PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic