Search for content in message boards

Lookup - Daily Kennebec Journal - 1944

Lookup - Daily Kennebec Journal - 1944

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 4:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for a death notice for a Louise Cooper Merritt
that supposedly was published in a Tuesday, 13 Jun 1944, pg 5
article in the Daily Kennebec Journal. She was my step-dad's only sibling. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Lookup - Daily Kennebec Journal - 1944

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 3:48PM GMT
Have you found the death notice yet? I am going to the state library this week and can look it up for you if you still need it.

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 4:33PM GMT
Yes, I still need the obituary. All we know is that she supposedly died in Boston, but was buried in Mt Hope in Augusta. Never have found an accurate name for her husband or
if they had any children.

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 4:43PM GMT
Ok, I'll look it up for you on Wednesday.

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 12:21AM GMT
I looked up your relative's obituary today and on that specific page of the KJ on that specific date, there was a woman named Louise Cooper Sennett listed. Obviously, the last names are different. It says she was born Aug. 4, 1915 in Augusta, ME, the daughter of George H. and Nettie Gove Cooper. If you think this is the obituary you are looking for, I can either scan it and email it to you or I can send it to you in the regular mail.

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 12:43AM GMT
Yes, that is the one. and my step-dad had evidently mistaken his sister's married name. His parents were George H Cooper and Nettie Gove so this must be the right one. Please email copy to tomlking@sbcglobal.net. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic