Search for content in message boards

Anyone with access to state archives - can you look up a marriage in Epsom, NH 1796?

Anyone with access to state archives - can you look up a marriage in Epsom, NH 1796?

Posted: 1 Sep 2012 1:55PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Rowell Moses
Looking for a marriage record or intention of Dorothy Rowell b. 1769 to James Moses - supposedly on 15 Dec 1796 in Epsom, Merrimac, NH.

I am hoping there will be reference to at least one of her parents. This is my last hope.

Thank you to anyone who can help. I wish I could run over to the state archives, but I am in Minnesota.

Re: Anyone with access to state archives - can you look up a marriage in Epsom, NH 1796?

Posted: 1 Sep 2012 3:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
The NH records are on Family Search site so you can search for your self.
https://www.familysearch.org/

Their is a record, but it doesn't have a lot of info:
Front:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11876-61611-66?...
Back:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11876-63799-1?c...

They also have Birth & Death records you may want to pursue.

Good Luck,

John

Re: Anyone with access to state archives - can you look up a marriage in Epsom, NH 1796?

Posted: 1 Sep 2012 3:57PM GMT
Try familysearch.org for Dolly Rowell b. 1771.
familysearch.org is free.

Helen

Posted: 1 Sep 2012 8:48PM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2012 5:45AM GMT
Surnames: Rowell, Moses, Gale, Holmes
Thank you both!

Yes, thank you. I did see the 1771 Dolly Rowell, but supposedly the Dolly Rowell I am searching for was born 1769 and the 1771 Dolly appears to have married someone else.

There are people on ancestry with her being tied to various parents, with various birth dates and SEVERAL of these Dolly Rowells supposedly marrying James Moses, so obviously some just guessing & incorrect. It seems like vital records are almost non-existent back this far & there is a lot of non-sourced information out there.

But, again, thanks for the info and thanks to John for the copy of her marriage!

Posted: 1 Sep 2012 9:06PM GMT
Surnames: Rowell, Moses
As far as I know, the Dolly Rowell born 1771 to Asa Rowell & Mehitable Sessions married a man last named Cutter and they had lots of children, beyond the time my Dolly married James Moses, so I don't think that is the same one. But thank you! I think I have at least ruled out one set of parents.

Michelle

Posted: 1 Sep 2012 9:38PM GMT
Surnames: Rowell, Sessions, Moses
OK, now I am even more confused. Asa Rowell & Hitty Sessions had a daughter Dolly that is linked to Solomon Cutter in many trees, however, when I look up her birth it says 1771 but the marriage of the Dolly that married Solomon Cutter says that Dolly was only age 16 in 1803, so could not have been the same Dolly born to Asa Rowell & Mehitable Sessions. Maybe their daughter could be Dolly who married James Moses, or maybe not. I guess I may never find out. Yikes, there is a lot of bad info on ancestry. Frustrating.

Posted: 2 Sep 2012 1:44AM GMT
Surnames: ROWELL, CUTTER, TUCKER
I searched Heritage Quest Online.
On page 885, it states that " Dorothy ( Dolly) was the daughter of Ichabod Rowell , who d Temple, NH 25 Jun 1802 age 72 yrs, and Sarah Tucker,who d at about 100 yrs of age. It further states that Dorothy ( Dolly) Rowell married Solomon Cutter in 1803."

Title: The history of Dublin, N.H. : containing the address by Charles Mason, and the proceedings at the centennial celebration, June 17, 1852, with a register of families
Authors: Leonard, L. W.
City of Publication: Dublin, N.H.
Publisher: The town Date:1920

Page Count: 1122

Notes: Includes index.
ill., ports.

Reel/Fiche Number: Genealogy and local history ; LH8958

Posted: 5 Sep 2012 6:03AM GMT
Thank you!! (to: abl0nd2nd) - sorry didn't catch your name but that helps me a lot & thank you for listing the source.

I do not have access to Heritage Quest. Maybe I will have to try it out.

Michelle

Posted: 5 Sep 2012 10:49AM GMT
I get Heritage Quest at home using my MA library card. Maybe your library has online resources for genealogical research. It's a valuable tool.

Lois
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions