Search for content in message boards

McCONNELL/McCLINTOCK/McKAY/SHARP

McCONNELL/McCLINTOCK/McKAY/SHARP

Posted: 29 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Sep 2004 4:14PM GMT
Capt. James SHARP (ca 1735-1795) md. Margaret Agnes McCONNELL (ca 1735--), dau. of Lt. Robert & Rosannah (?) McConnell (Robert b. 1703; died 1771, Cumberland/ Franklin Co.). Capt. James and Margaret buried @ Rocky Springs Presbyterian Church near Chambersburg. Were they born Scotland, Ireland, or U.S.? William SHARP, b. ca. 1760, son of Capt. James & Margaret, md. abt. 1779 to Jane McCLINTOCK, d/o Alexander & Agnes (GAMBLE) McClintock. Have a great deal on SHARP line; little on related lines.

MCCONNELL

Carolyn Shearer (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Is Robert McCONNELL who died 1771 Cumberland/Franklin possibly related to Alexander McCONNELL who died c1729 Chester County, PA? Alexander Senior had:
1. Alexander Junior who died 1752 Drumore Twp, Lancaster;
2. John who died 1754 Coleraine, Lancaster; 3. James; 4. William; 5. Adam who had three sons Robert, William, and Daniel. Account to the 'History of McConnellsburg' (Fulton County) this Daniel was the founder of the town.

Alexander, John William and Adam were in Big Cove by 1750.

Franklin County

Posted: 6 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 3:59AM GMT
Surnames: SHARP Shugart Sugares
Looking for information re: my g/grandfather, William Sharp(e)died about 1928 in Carlisle, PA formerly of FRANKLIN COUNTY. Second marriage was to a Clara SCHUGHART also of Carlisle, who was disowned by her family for marrying William...reason unknown to me. They had several children:
Esker, Harry, Richard, Jasper, Marie, Anne, Catherine and Ruth.

Clara died in the late/early 1940's - 50's.

My grandmother was Ruth SHARP Smith, whose only child (my mother) Mary Jane was born out of wedlock (biological father was an Edwin Einstein). Therefore, it was believed if everyone was kept away from our original roots we would never become knowledgeable of the circumstances surrounding my mother's birthright.

I have no idea if we share any genealogy, however, I thought it worth a shot to write based on your Sharp posting. Thank you.

Eileen Vignola
Philadelphia, PA

SHARP, SHUGART

Posted: 9 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 3:59AM GMT
Surnames: SHARP, SHUGHART, SUGARES, SHUGAR

Looking for information re: my g/grandfather, William Sharp, born ca. 1870, died about 1928 in Carlisle, PA formerly of FRANKLIN COUNTY. Second marriage was to a Clara SCHUGHART (Sugares, Shugart, Schugart) also of Carlisle, who was disowned by her family for marrying William...reason unknown to me. They had several children:
Esker, Harry, Richard, Jasper, Marie, Anne, Catherine and Ruth.
Clara died c. 1951 in Cumberland County.

My grandmother was Ruth SHARP Smith,b. 1899, d. 1999, whose only child (my mother) Mary Jane was born out of wedlock in Dauphin County(biological father was an Edwin Einstein). Therefore, it was believed if everyone was kept away from our original roots we would never become knowledgeable of the circumstances surrounding my mother's birthright.

I have no idea if we share any genealogy, however, I thought it worth a shot to write based on your Sharp posting. Thank you.

Eileen Vignola
Philadelphia, PA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Responses

(There are no responses to this message.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to normal message display

The Franklin County Pa. Query Forum is maintained by jworley@ix.netcom.com, using GenBBS 1.11.

CPU seconds used 0.01

Re: McCONNELL/McCLINTOCK/McKAY/SHARP

Lenna Gonya (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2002 3:07PM GMT
Edited: 7 Aug 2002 5:58AM GMT
Surnames: Mathna, Mcclintock, Cummings, Shatzer, Stumbaugh
I am looking for a Martha McClintock who married John Mathna in the 1890's. I believe that Martha was probably born in the late 1860's. Could this be part of your McClintock line?

J.R.Mathna (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2002 7:47AM GMT
Surnames: Mathna, McClintock, Cummings
Hello, we have crossed paths before on Jennie Cummings and Martha Stambaugh. I don't have information on Martha McClintock, but I have plenty on the Mathna/Rosenberry family (except for John Mathna (1865-?), Martha and their son John) if you are interested (I'm descended from John's yougest brother Clarence). Are you by chance related to Jennie Mathna Cummings? You can e-mail me if you would like. Any information you have will be very much appreciated

don bickel (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2003 4:03PM GMT
Hi Leena, I have noticed in some of your past postings that you at one time had the Bickel name posted. I have a lost member of the Bickel family who was born in Monroe County, Mi., and he can not be accounted for. Just wondering if there can be a connection?

Posted: 29 Jan 2006 11:42PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jan 2006 4:33AM GMT
Surnames: SHARP, McCLINTOCK, GAMBLE
My apologies for never responding to your post! Unfortunately I have not been able to locate additional information on my McClintock line - I end with Jane, b. ca 1760, d/o Alexander & Agnes (Gamble) McClintock. She married William SHARP ca 1779 in Cumberland Co., PA; if she had siblings, I've not yet discovered them. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions - maybe eventually we'll find a connection!

Posted: 30 Jun 2006 3:21AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2006 3:35AM GMT
Surnames: Sharp, McConnell, Culbertson, Cessna
I am very interested in any information you might have on the McConnell-Sharp connection. I come from the line of Capt. James Sharp and Margery (Margaret Agnes) McConnell, and then follow on down the line through Robert Sharp and Joannah Culbertson, James Sharp and Sallie Cessna, etc. I see back in 1998 you mentioned you had lots of Sharp/McConnell information and would be willing to share. Maybe we can fill in some blanks for one another. Thanks. Thelma

Penny Stanley (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2006 7:47PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2006 4:12AM GMT
Surnames: Sharp, McConnell, McClintock, Culbertson
Thelma, I have a book and addendum done by my dad's cousin regarding the Capt. James Sharp/Margery McConnell line, so can refer to that. However, I don't seem to find Joannah Culbertson married to Robert. Which generation Robert do you mean? I know that not all generations are covered in the genealogy, so you can probably fill in some gaps! Feel free to email me directly. Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic