Search for content in message boards

Chizum, Kaufman, Miller, Fetter, Lake, Carr, Schaal, Palmer,

Chizum, Kaufman, Miller, Fetter, Lake, Carr, Schaal, Palmer,

Posted: 19 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Sep 2002 12:07AM GMT
Surnames: Kaufman, Fetter, Lake, Carr, Chizum, Schaal, Palmer, Miller, Holler

I am researching these surnames in Marshall County. Anyone else?

KAUFFMAN

Connie Kauffman Pellman (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: KAUFFMAN
I am researchng my great-grandfather, Nicholas Kaufman/Kauffman. He was born 4 Mar 1835 in Holmes Co., Ohio. He was married to Mary Magdalena Plank in LaGrange Co. She died in Marshall County. Also trying to find information on my grandfather, Levi A. Kauffman born 7 Jun 1862/64 in Goshen/Knox.

Any information you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Connie Kauffman Pellman
htrsmom@aol.com
Tucson, AZ

Re: Chizum, Kaufman, Miller, Fetter, Lake, Carr, Schaal, Palmer,

Posted: 4 Feb 2002 11:48PM GMT
Edited: 26 Mar 2004 10:19PM GMT
I am researching the miller line, joseph and catharine miller
their children are mary ann, sarah,catharine, barbara, john r , joseph p, william h and martha , any info would be great Tracy

Posted: 16 Feb 2002 9:02AM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2002 9:04AM GMT
Surnames: Miller,Chizum,Long
I am researching Susan Jane Chizum,daughter of Caroline Miller and Henery Chizum,born 12/31/1874.She married James Oscar Long 2/3/1892. I have 2 family photo albums from late 1800's and early 1900's. Does anyone have any information on Susan's Lines?Thank you,Barbara

Rick Hubanks (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2005 6:52PM GMT
Surnames: Miller, Fetters
I have a Samuel Miller married to Margaret Yoder, Samuel was the son of John MIller and Mary Fetters. Samuel died in Marshall county,In. in 1891 and John in LaPaz,In. in 1892. Are any of these Miller or Fetters part of your line?Thanks.

Posted: 18 Feb 2006 8:22AM GMT
Surnames: CARR DESCENDANTS
I am looking for descendants of CARRS of 1830/40 KOSCIUSCO CO IN. Martin CARR and some of his children lived there in Prairie township, some till 1880's.
Looking in particular for children, etc of John Davis CARR and wife Mary , who traveled on and died TIPPECANOE CO IN.
John D. CARR was born 1807 ROSS CO OH.
GINNY 2 at ginnynumbertwo@yahoo.com

Posted: 14 Jun 2012 1:59AM GMT
Surnames: Lake
Yes, researching the Lake name of this county. My ancestor William Z. Lake was born in this county in the 1850's and married in this county in 1881. His father was Joseph and his mother Cynthia (Fuller) Lake, Joseph died in Indiana and Cynthia moved to Wisconsin with her son William. He had a number of siblings too, is this the Lake line you are researching?

Posted: 15 Jun 2012 11:59AM GMT
My wife was a Schaal. I have all of her family. If you are interested in any Schaal I can help with please let me know.

Posted: 26 Jun 2012 8:21PM GMT
Surnames: CARR
I believe we had CARR's in MARSHALL CO in mid 1800's. The probably came from Prairie township in KOSCIUSCO CO where they relocated around 1830. Martin Luther came with his children Martin Jr., John Davis Carr, Elizabeth Carr-Woods, and another daughter that married a ? LAWYER. there was also a Eli Carr. John D. was married to a Mary ?
Martin had married again to a Martha?. Martin died in 1844 and is buried in a cemetary that still exist there.
The came to INDIANA from OH, where they had originnaly lived in FAYETTEE CO., when the moved from HARDY CO VA to 1st ROSS CO. and then to FAYETTE( 1808). Martin had a brother Solomon that lived in DELEWARE CO. OH and another brother, Conrad, that died in PICKAWAY CO. in Deer Creek township while visiting his children who moved there around the same time. John D. ended up in WHITE & TIPPECANOE co.s. Not sure were the rest went. I think WOODS moved to Iowa, and LAWYERS stayed in Kosciusco.

Posted: 26 Jun 2012 8:27PM GMT
Surnames: CARR
p.s., Chizum may come from Chislam or something like that and it was the name of one of the towns they lived in, possibly in white Co. IN.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions