Search for content in message boards

BOYNE

BOYNE

Jim Ford (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BOYNE, KIRK, BELANGER
Looking for information on MARY ANNE BOYNE, who was from St. Mary Parish, LA, and d/o William BOYNE and Mary Anne KIRK. Mary Anne married James Madison BELANGER, 31 Jul, 1879 at Sacred Heart Church, Montegut, LA. Looking for information on William BOYNE'S family history, also Mary Anne KIRKs.
Posted: 26 Oct 2001 9:50AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jan 2002 8:13AM GMT
Surnames: boyne and kirk
dear jim' mary kirk had 2 children for william thomas boyne and five for fred ford.
Posted: 26 Oct 2001 9:51AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jan 2002 8:13AM GMT
Surnames: boyne and kirk
dear jim' mary kirk had 2 children for william thomas boyne and five for fred ford.
Posted: 31 Oct 2001 4:07PM GMT
Surnames: Boyne, KIrk
Hi Pamela,
I just read your reply to Jim Ford. William Boyne and Mary Ann kirk are my great-great grandparents (not sure how many greats I need!). I've been researching them for a few months now, particularly William. Also, this is the first I hear of Mary Kirk having any other children other than her two with my grandfather. Do you have any info on them? Anything you could tell me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Sincerely,
Julie Alford
Posted: 31 Oct 2001 4:36PM GMT
Hi Jim,
My name is Julie Gonsoulin Alford. My grandmother, Ruby Boyne Gonsoulin, is William Boyne and Mary ann kirk's granddaughter. I don't know much about him except that he was born around 1835 on the Isle of Man, Great Britain. He died on August 7, 1881 in New Orleans, at the age of 46. I have a copy of his obituary from the Daily Picayune dated August 8, 1881. It stated that his residence at the time of his death was on Liberty near Erato. I also know that he was in the military in 1861. I have a copy of the 1860 census that shows that both he and Mary Ann Kirk were 25 years old at the time of the census. It also shows that their son, John Alexander, was 1 year old, and that there was a male child 10 days old. I was told that he died as an infant. On the census, William listed his birthplace only as England, and Mary Kirk listed her birthplace as New York.
That's all that I have on them. I am trying to find out where William Boyne is buried. I almost sure he's buried in New Orleans, since that's where he died. If you find out anything else, please let me Know, and I will do the same. Thanks!
Julie Alford.
Posted: 31 Oct 2001 4:50PM GMT
Hi Jim,
After I sent you the first E-mail I realized I hadn't asked you about the Ford family. I had no idea that Mary Kirk remarried after my great-great grandfather William Boyne died. I would greatly appreciate it if you have any information on the descendants of Fred Ford and Mary Kirk. Thanks!

Julie Alford
Posted: 1 Aug 2003 4:19AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2004 7:59AM GMT
Hi Julie...I'm interested in any info on the Boyne family. My son, Eric is Joyce Lasseigne's grandson, and I am researching the Boyne family, but have just started..I remember your grandmother Ruby, we used to love to go to Montegut to see her. That was eons ago... Thanks, Joan Chauvin
Posted: 10 Dec 2012 3:03AM GMT
looking for mary anne boyne also, do have many others and picture of grave site of boyne avet/conection
madison/belanger/boyne/avet/and some more
Posted: 16 Jul 2013 8:59PM GMT
Hi Kenny,
I just found out today that Mary Ann Boyne is buried at Greenwood Cemetery in New Orleans. their website is greenwoodnola.com. Put in Mary Boyne's name and a picture of the grave and its location are there. Hope this helps!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic