Search for content in message boards

Looking for any CRICHTONS or PORTERS in Tutuila OR Upolu

Looking for any CRICHTONS or PORTERS in Tutuila OR Upolu

CRICHTON PORTER (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2004 7:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CRICHTONS, PORTERS, ASI(Muagututi'a Situpea)...
Trying to do some geneaology with the family, it would help if we knew where to start..please email if you have any info. on these families..Thank You, Crichton Porter,. USA

Re: Looking for any CRICHTONS or PORTERS in Tutuila OR Upolu

RH Porter (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2005 6:41AM GMT
Surnames: PORTER
I'm a member of the Porter Family that originated in Am. Samoa - for family members lving in tutuila or upolu they're easily found using the online phone directory - there are also members of that Porter Family in USA mainland and hawaii, Guam, NZ, Australia. Sometimes they use the samoan surname Alaimalo.

PS. There are two unrelated Porter families in Upolu - the family mentioned above is located in Apia & Falelatai, the other Porter family is located in Aleipata

hope this helps

uso (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2005 2:20AM GMT
Hi there

My grandfathers sister Moligi married James Maaloga Crichton of Sataua. We are of the Matautia family from Sataua.

My grandfathers first cousin married a Crichton also.....i can give you the email of a daughter of this couple in the states.

cheerz

Posted: 7 Nov 2005 8:37AM GMT
Edited: 13 Apr 2006 7:52PM GMT
According to www.familysearch.org the Crichton family of Sataua originated with William Crichton born 1828 in Glasgow Scotland who married Uputana Fuiono abt 1856 and had 6 children.
Many of their descendents married Samoans, and a few married Tongans.
Sometimes the name Crighton is spelled Criton or Crichton

Posted: 17 Nov 2007 5:46AM GMT
Which Porters are you looking for? The Alaimalo-Porters are on the board.

Posted: 21 Nov 2007 5:32AM GMT
Surnames: ALAIMALO, CRICHTON, PORTER
Talofa/Hello:

"Which Porters are you looking for?"

Faamolemole/Please to whom are you directing your question with? There are many on this thread regarding CRICHTON and/or PORTER, and if you're singling one of the responders please tell us which one.

"The Alaimalo-Porters are on the board."

Faamolemole/Please tell us to which board ALAIMALO-PORTERs are on?

Per the PORTER messageboard there is mention of PORTER on Australia and New Zealand, yet nothing for Samoa.

Per the SAMOA messageboards there is one post regarding ALAIMALO and three posted for PORTER.

I have requested a new board for ALAIMALO.

Should be up in a day, so, you might post your concerns with the new ALAIMALO messageboard and maybe start a Rootsweb ALAIMALO mailing list also. Let me know if I can help out.

Fa'afetai/Thanks!

Manuia/Regards,
--Manaia

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 3:39AM GMT
Hi I'm from the Crichton family. William had a son William Crichton Jr and I am from that line. My grandmother was one of William Jnr's daughters, her name is Lola. She has a brother named Ollie who's family all live in American Samoa. I have facebook contact details for them, email me fredapenn@hotmail.com They're the only Crictons I know of in Am Samoa. Otherwise all other Cricthons were in Savaii/Upolu and are now all other the world. Good luck with your search and there is plenty of info about the Samoan Cricthon family on the internet. Cheers Freda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions