Search for content in message boards

Bethany Bagley

Bethany Bagley

elaine myers (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2000 9:22PM GMT
Does anyone have any info on Bethany Bagley (born either 05 Feb 1829 or 10 Nov 1803 in Chatham Co., NC) who was married to William Thorton Petty (born 29 Sep 1797) wilkes co., nc? They lived in Marshall Co., TN, and I think they may be buried there too. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Elaine

Bethany Bagley

Lynnette Petty Lawrie (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2000 1:40PM GMT
elaine, my gggggrandfather was William Thornton Petty.(b:1797) in Chatham co NC.
WTP wed Bethany BAGLEY 3 DEC 1819/1821.
Bethany's parents were Joab Bagley and Sara Jackson Bagley.
i have the following children for William Thornton Petty and Bethany Bagley:
Margaret b:1820
Sara D. "Sally" b:1824
William Mathial b:1 OCT 1850 (my line)
Nathan L. b:1827
Matthius b:1829
Joab b:1820 (never married)
i realize two of these birthdates are before their wedding date. but i got these dates from a "BAGLY FAMILY" hardbound book of my uncles.
we probably need to get together! please e-mail me.

Bethany Bagley

Lynnette Petty Lawrie (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2000 1:54PM GMT
elaine,
one more thing i forgot to post. i have recorded all the headstones at Mt. Zion cemetery in Marshall county TN. (had to take my shaving cream) buried there: Joab Bagley, infant of CF WM PETTY. Nathan Bagley, Uriah Bagley, Isaiah Bagley.
also in Marshall county TN at Head Springs cemetery i have recorded: william mathial and cinncinatti frances sullivan.
i don't have my sheets in front of me but i will post again the exact dates i got from the stones.

Bethany Bagley

elaine myers (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2000 11:20PM GMT
Dear Lynnette: I think Ed Prosser gave me your e:mail address a few weeks ago. He had given me a lot of info on the Petty's. My paternal grt-grandparents were John Miller Cummings who married Bethany Sarophine Petty c1907. Bethany was born 06 Jul 1861 in Lewisburg, Marshall Co., TN. Her parents were: Nathan or Nathaniel Lee Petty, born 01 Dec 1827, died 30 Oct 1862 (same co.) His wife was Rebecca L. Russel born abt 1837 in same co., She died 07 Jan 1918 in Grapevine, Tarrant Co., TX. Nathan's parents were: William Thorton Petty, born 29 Sep 1797 (Wilkes Co., NC?) wife Bethany Bagley born 10 Nov 1803 (Chatham Co., NC)? died 27 Aug 1829 Marshall co., TN. If you have anything different, please let me know. Thanks, Elaine

nathan g bagley

marcie jeude (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2001 7:27PM GMT
nathan g bagley son of joab bagley was the father of narcissa adaline bagley who married william r smith,and robert w bagley
narcissa and william had 5 children.narcissa
died 1857 in bedford co.tn would like to share info with others.william married 2nd to harriett c sanders they had 3 sons.does anyone know about sarah narcissa smith daughter of narcissa and william?

Re: nathan g bagley

Posted: 25 Jul 2001 10:21PM GMT
Surnames: Jeude
Marcie, I am researching the Jeude family, that came to Missouri from Prussia. Do you have any information on them?
Thanks in advance for any information. Clarice Seigler

e-mail--clarseigler@aol.com

Re: Bethany Bagley

Posted: 27 May 2002 1:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Petty, Bagley, Bayless
Lynette, concerning a post 9/14/2000 about Bethany Bagley and Wm Thornton Petty, I'd like to ask a question. Do you know who he married after Bethany's death? My g,g, grandmother's sister, Abigail Bayless, married a Wm. Thornton Petty in Madison Co, AL. They had at least 3 children born in 1830, 31, 32; she had a total of 6 children, but may have been married to someone before Petty. She was head of the household in 1840 census so something had happened to him. Is he buried in Mt.Zion in Marshall Co., TN?
Sylvia

Posted: 16 Jul 2009 4:41PM GMT
Your post on ancestry.com is old but I do have alot of info on Bethany and family. Email me at jenniebelle@hotmail.com

Posted: 16 Jul 2009 4:44PM GMT
If the book you are talking about is The Bagley Tales it is valuable but the dates are in error throughout the book. Email me at jenniebelle@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions