Search for content in message boards

Thomas/Moses Batt

Thomas/Moses Batt

Posted: 17 Mar 2001 11:38AM GMT
Edited: 31 Jan 2002 7:24PM GMT
Searching for ancestors of Moses Batt (b. 1770)who was married to Sarah Edwards (b.1774) or Thomas Batt (b. 1748) married to Catherine McCall (b.1752)/

Re: Thomas/Moses Batt

Dwaine Batt (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2005 9:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am also searching for these ancestors in the Batt family. These are my known ancestors who came from Frederick Co. Va
I would like to touch base with you. Dwaine Batt

Posted: 2 Oct 2009 10:31PM GMT
Surnames: Batt,McCall
Trying to find parents of Thomas Batt (b. 1748 - d.1796). Married Catherine McCall about 1771. Had one son, Moses Batt. This family is tied to Frederick Co. VA,and Morgan Co. WV. I suspect Thomas is related to Moses Batt (Batts), Aaron Batt (Batts) and others of Prince Georges Co., Md. too. Can't make a connection though. Any help appreciated.
I think we are all stuck at the same place.

Posted: 3 Oct 2009 9:24PM GMT
i`m searching the `batt` family also-do you have two chalkley`s in your family from pa.or nj ? EVELYN REPLY TO EMKONSLER@COMCAST.NET thankyou & best of luck to you.

Posted: 3 Oct 2009 9:53PM GMT
I HAD A CHALKLEY BATT,ONE BORN 1822,IN PHILADELPHIA,PA. & HIS SON,CHALKLEY BATT BORN 1855,PHILA.PA.

Posted: 4 Oct 2009 5:47AM GMT
Sorry, I have not encountered the Chalkley name in connection with these Batts (so far).

Posted: 17 Feb 2012 5:00AM GMT
I think Thomas is of Batt family of Ireland. I believe Catherine came to Ireland but returned after 'Rebellion'War of Independence to Pliladelphia and whose will was proved there circa 1790. leopoldbatt@gmail.com

Posted: 23 Sep 2013 4:35AM GMT
First of all, Thomas did not die in 1796. It was closer to 1781, but certainly before Catherine who passed in 1793. She petitioned the Ministers of the British Treasury for financial help after Thomas died. He had spent much of their wealth on a ship and supplies to aid Gen. Howe in Boston and later played an important military role in keeping the American rebels from taking Nova Scotia. I would be happy to collaborate with you, especially if you have determined how and when Moses moved to Frederick Co.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic