Search for content in message boards

Clutter Family in Ohio and Northern Kentucky

Clutter Family in Ohio and Northern Kentucky

Michael McNamara (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2001 2:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Sep 2001 12:57PM GMT
Surnames: Clutter
The most undeveloped line in my family tree is the Clutter line of Northern Kentucky and Southern Ohio.

My Great-Great Grandmother was Cora Rebecca Clutter, born in Olive Hill, KY and died in Portsmouth, Ohio. Her father was Levi Clutter.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. My email:
campaignguy@aol.com

-Mike McNamara

Re: CLUTTERs

Posted: 10 Feb 2001 9:34AM GMT
Classification: Census
Edited: 20 Jul 2003 9:43PM GMT
Surnames: Clutter, Friedline
Mike,

I'll post this to the forum in case it helps others.
In the 1880 census of Carter Co KY, Pct 5, you will find Cora R, age 10 with her family: Levi, age 43, born PA and Margaret, age 42 plus A.A. age 18, Laura age 16, Elizabeth age 14, Eva J age 11 and John W age 5.
Levi married Margaret FRIEDLINE in 1860 in Athens Co OH. He was no doubt the son of Jacob, born 1797, son of John Jr, born 1771, son of John, born 1745 of Washington Co PA. With this information, you will find lots of cousins on the CLUTTER message boards.

Bill Hampshire

Clutters

Michael P. McNamara (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2001 10:00AM GMT
Edited: 7 Sep 2001 12:58PM GMT
Bill,

Thank you for the information regarding Cora and her parents. IT was very helpful.

If you have any other information, or if you would like to share any other information, please feel free to send e-mail to:
campaignguy@aol.com

Thanks, Bill.

-Mike

Clutter Family

Posted: 13 Jun 2001 12:18PM GMT
Edited: 24 Sep 2001 5:13PM GMT
Surnames: Clutter
I think you might be a relative through my gr-gr-gr-grandfather, TEMPLETON CLUTTER. I show he and his wife, Margaret, had a daughter named Rebecca Clutter, but I have no dates on any of the children they had. Please contact me at dgreen@c2i2.com and we can exchange information to see if we are related. I've been trying to find out about my gr-gr-gr-grandfather's family but only have a small portion of information. Anxious to hear from you.

Re: Clutter Family Kentucky - Ark

PAM LONG (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2002 3:24AM GMT
Surnames: Long Clutter Ritchie Potter
I am seeking to locate information in regards to a Clutter family of Kentucky.

Particularly siblings Simon and Martha Ann Clutter- parentage unknown but, believe it is possible these could be parents........
from ancestry.com
Kentucky
Shelby County
Bryson, Polly[Mrs] married Clutter, Simon on 12 Jul 1812 in Shelby County, Kentucky

=========================================

Simon Clutter b. abt 1812, Ky married Eliza Ann Long
29 January 1837, Warren County, Ky.

>From Kentucky Vital Statistics, Butler Co., Births:
>...p.?: child-Temelia CLUTTER; sex-female; born-alive; race-white;
>born 5 June 1855 in Butler Co., KY; father-Simon CLUTTER; mother-Ann E.
>LONG; residence of parents-Butler Co.;

=====================================================================
Martha Ann Clutter md 30 July 1844 Richard H. Long (sibling of Eliza Ann Long mentioned above)
==============
FamilySearch® International Genealogical Index™ v4.01 North America
IGI Record
Martha Ann CLUTTER
Sex: F
Marriage(s):
Spouse: Richard LONG
Marriage: 30 Jul 1844
Warren, Kentucky
Batch number: Dates Source Call No. Type Printout Call No. Type
8604102 - 1396157 Film NONE
Sheet: 44

Martha died sometime between 1844 and 1848, when Richard married again in Missouri, Camden county to Avis Raines.
=======================================
I have much info about the Richard Long line.
However, his sister Ann or Eliza Ann Clutter and her husband Simon, we find no record of after the birth of their daughter Temelia Clutter.
According to family lore, Simon and Eliza Ann Clutter lived in Fayetteville, Ark area around 1865, when Eliza's father, Thomas D. Long died. Also, living in the area was her sister, Catherine Long Ritchie and husband John Ritchie, as well as her sister Mary Jane Long Potter believed to have married Mitchell Edwards.

However, with the advent of the Civil War, siblings lost contact with each other. In 1894, when the youngest of the Long children, Jasper Newton Long and his brother William Jackson Long, made a trip from Butler Co, Ky to Ark and Mo and to Texas to visit long lost siblings.

However, no trace of Simon Clutter, Ann (Eliza Ann) and or their daughter has been ever found to this day. Anyone who could be of assistance, this would be greatly appreciated.............
Pam Long

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions