DESMOND Family

DESMOND Family

Jerry Desmond (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 1999 10:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 May 2006 3:14AM GMT
Surnames: Desmond
Hi Whitney,
My name is Jerry desmond. I have been searching for my Fathers father whose name was Charles Desmond. Were your Desmonds from Brooklyn New York,. I may be able to give you further help with two other people who have the last name Desmond in New York.

Re: DESMOND Family

Whitney Bailey (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 1999 5:45PM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2006 3:15AM GMT
Hello,

I would certainly be happy to exchange any information I can, although, I'm not sure how much help I will be. I can be reached at wrbailey@u.washington.edu. My branch of the Desmond family came from Cork, Cork, Ireland>WI>NE>Iowa>UT and I have no clue which kids stayed where. I'm not sure if or for how long they resided in NY. I looked through the two generations of information (1839-1909) that I have and there is no Charles Desmond. I'm sure that you have already been told the best place to look for information would be birth/death certificates and Census records. I would be glad to connect up with others looking for the Desmonds (especially if they are looking in Ireland). Well, good luck to you and I hope you find what you're looking for. If I can be of any help, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Whitney Bailey

Jerry Desmond (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 1999 7:55PM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2006 3:15AM GMT
Dear Whitney,
There are several Desmonds with the names you are looking for in Greenwood and Holy Cross Cemetery. Can you supply Dates of Birth and death for your relatives. I am working with two other Desmond families.
We are trying to narrow down the Desmond Family in Brooklyn,. Can you help. Thank you.
Sincerely, Jerry Desmond.

Whitney Bailey (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 1999 11:57AM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2006 3:19AM GMT
Surnames: Desmond, O'Callahan, Portice, Robertshaw, Jensen, Conrad, Belanger, Parr, Stoker, Carlson, Hines, Crafts, Reynolds
Here's a list of all the information on the Desmonds that I have.

Michael Joseph Desmond b. Abt 1839 Cork, Cork Co, Ire. He married Catherine O'Callahan 17 Mar 1858 at St Mary's, Cork, Cork, Ire. He died 7 Sept 1901 VA cemetary, Wadsworth Kansas.

Their children

John Joseph Desmond
b. 9 Mar 1859 Cork, Cork Ire -married Catherin Portice-died Jul 1919

Michael Henry Desmond
b. 1 May 1866 Green Bay, Brown, WI- married Emma Robertshaw, died 1 Jun 1944

William R. Desmond
b. Mat 1868 Green Bay, Brown, WI-married Johanna Jensen-died 6 Feb 1933

Timothy Desmond
b. Dec 1875 Ponca, Dixon, NE, Married Eva Conrad 12 May 1894

Mary Ann Desmond
b. Oct 1877 Ponca, Dixon, NE-Married Grant Belanger, died Aug 1907

Children- Daniel, Catherine, Jeremiah, Dennis, Cornelius, Margaret and Martin died very young.

The children of Michael Henry Desmond

Michael James Desmond
b. 27 Feb 1893 SLC, UT, married Annette Esther Parr

Mary Rebecca Desmond
b. 16 Aug 1894 Dubuque, Iowa, married Bob Stoker

Marion Catherine Desmond
b. 16 Aug 1894 Dubuque, Iowa, married Albert Carl Carlson

Margaret Emma Desmond
b. 8 Oct 1896 Duboque, Iowa, married Ed Hines

Melford Joseph 9 Apr 1899 Ceader Rapids, Hynn, Iowa

Mable Annie Desmond
b. 3 Apr 1901 SLC, UT - married Franklin Allen Crafts

Myrtle Lucy Florence Desmond
b. 29 Nov 1905 SLC, UT, married Ormond Calais Reynolds

Melvin Jerome Desmond

Posted: 24 Feb 2008 3:56AM GMT
Surnames: Desmond, Krass
My great grandfather Joseph Desmond was from Brooklyn, NY. He married Ethel Krass. They had my grandfather Edward on 2/23/1923. Any connections?

Posted: 22 Mar 2008 7:55PM GMT
Surnames: Desmond, Klaus, Wagner
Edward Desmond is my grandfather's brother. It is a little confusing to me but I have Ethel Klaus as my grandfather's mother. But that she was married to a Frederick Wagner and they had my grandfather. Email me and I will explain in detail what my mother has written about the situation. insomniac051@yahoo.com

I look forward to hearing from you.. This part of my family tree has been very confusing to me.

Posted: 22 Mar 2008 7:58PM GMT
I also wanted to add that I have your grandfather Edward's siblings as Ethel,Eugene, and Frank. Like I said I'll explain what I know in email. I just wanted to add this to make sure we are talking about the same people.

Posted: 24 Aug 2008 7:36AM GMT
Edited: 11 Sep 2008 12:38AM GMT
Aloha Jerry,
My Great Grandfather was Roland Desmond, from Brooklyn, NY. I saw your message about Desmond family from NY. Any Info on a Roland?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions