Search for content in message boards

Wilhelm / Wilhelmina Klug

Wilhelm / Wilhelmina Klug

John Craig (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Klug, Uecker, Paul
Looking for the parents of Wilhelm Klug b. 1830 and Wilhelmina Uecker b. 1829 They were married ? and travelled together from Hamburg Germany arriving 1 August 1857 in NYC onboard the "Marion" eventually settling in Ixonia Wisconsin and later Norfolk, Nebraska

thanks,
john craig

Re: Wilhelm / Wilhelmina Klug

Posted: 10 Jul 2002 6:02PM GMT
Surnames: Klug, Donner, Braasch, Weich, Smith, Tiegs, Wilkins, Evans
Sorry, I don't know anything about Wilhelm or Wilhelmina, but I do have a Albertina Klug from Norfolk, Nebraska, that married Johann Christian Wilhelm Donner on June 13, 1873.

Do you know anything about her line? I have quiet a bit of information about their line.

Cindy

Posted: 29 Sep 2002 5:23PM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2005 7:15PM GMT
Surnames: Klug/Klawitter, Janssen/Schultz
John,
You seem to have some information on Klug's that correspond with my Klug's. Albeit much more information than I have! I have been trying to find out when my family came from Germany. I know that they settled in Wisconsin first and then settled in Norfolk, Nebraska...which is where I was born in 1962.
Here is my lineage, hope you can help me fill in the blanks.

Connie Klug (me) born 1962 to Dale Herbert Klug/Janice Faye Jenkins m.1959

Dale Herbert Klug born 1936 to Herbert Frederick Klug/Lena Marie Janssen

Herbert Frederick Klug born 1903 to Fredrick Klug/Emilie Klawitter

note the difference in the spelling of Frederick, I took this right out of the buriel book for Herbert. After the information of his parents I am lost. I can't seem to find anything going back farther than Fredrick. I don't know if he was born here or in Germany. I don't know the year of his birth (I'm guessing around 1873). How did you find out about the name of the boat that they came on? Do you have a copy of the passenger log?

Please write to me and help me! Do you know of a Family Bible?

Posted: 22 Apr 2004 11:17PM GMT
I had to send off a response to this query as I have a cemetary plot certificate that lists a Anna Maria Albers and Wilhelm and A.M. Klug. They were all children. Also buried at the same plot is my relative Joseph Streiker. The plot is at St. Joseph cemetary in Cincinnati Ohio. Looking for relationship with these individuals. Other surnames: Visser, Grus and Olbert.

Posted: 10 Jul 2004 4:04AM GMT
I also have Klug in my family line. My cousin married her husband in Norfolk Nebraska. Her name is Berniece. Her mother was my aunt Clara Alma Patzel (Huebner). Other names are: Clymer, McClaskey, Morgan, Overman, Kerber, Gossett, Kelly, and March. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sharlyn

Posted: 15 Jul 2004 2:41AM GMT
Surnames: KLUG
Hi Shalyn, I was born in Norfolk NE as well as many of my relatives. Please let me know the details of your family. My grandfather was Herbert Klug with many brothers and sisters. My Dad is Dale Klug, one brother Merlin Klug. Glad to hear from you. Connie

Posted: 2 Feb 2005 10:12PM GMT
Surnames: KLUG
You gave me a little information I did not have. Minnie's Maiden Name! Yes, they came on the Marion, during their trip over a daughter, Mary, was born on board the ship. After settling in Wisconsin they had 4 children, Fredrick (m) in 1858, Berta (f) in 1860, August (m) in 1862 and Augusta (f) in 1865. Between 1865 and 1867 They moved to Madison County Nebraska (Norfolk) and had 2 more sons, Henry in 1867 and William in 1870. Minnie's mother's nmae is Fredricka Ueker. Fredricka came to live with her daughter between the 1870 and 1880 census. Although in the 1880 census both William and Wilhelmina stated they were from Germany, in the 1870 census it is stated they are from Prussia. I come from the Fredrick Klug line, he is my Great-Grandfather.

I am interested in anything you may know about William. Details are sketchy at best about their marriage date and where they were born and parents names. Please assist if you can.

Posted: 2 Feb 2005 10:16PM GMT
Your Albertina may be the third child of William and Wilhelmina Klug. According to the 1870 census they named the third child as "Berta", born 1860 in Wisconsin. Let me know what you have on her.
Thanks,
Connie

Cindy Pickard (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2005 11:59PM GMT
Surnames: Klug, Donner, Pickard, Braasch, Weich, Smith, Tiegs, Wilkens, Evans
Connie,
Thanks for the infomation. It is a possibility. My Albertina Klug was married to my great great grandmother's younger brother, Johann Christian Wilhelm Donner. Albertina was his second wife. The Donner family came from Neverin, Mecklenbrug-Strelitz, Germany, which was Prussia at the time. They were at Watertown, Jefferson County, Wisconsin, before they moved on to Norfolk, Nebraska. My records show that there is a 7 year discrepancy from my Albertina to the Berta on the census, but I know that census records are not always accurate on the year of birth.

I don't know anything about Albertina (Klug) Donner's ancestors. All I have is that Albertina Klug was born on March 30, 1853, supposedly in Germany. She died on May 18, 1937, at Norfolk, Madison, Nebraska. She was married to Johann Christian Wilhelm Donner on June 13, 1873, at Norfolk, Madison, Nebraska. Johann Christian Wilhelm Donner was born on May 20, 1846, at Neverin, Mecklenbrug-Strelitz, Germany, and he died on January 3, 1902, at Norfolk, Madison, Nebraska. They had 8 children, and Johann had 2 children from his first marriage. Their 8 children were:

1. Hedwig "Hattie" (Donner) Braasch born on June 14, 1875, at Norfolk, Madison, Nebraska, and died in 1965 atNorfolk, Madison, Nebraska.
2. Helena Auguste (Donner) Weich born on August 22, 1877, at Norfolk, Madison, Nebraska, and died on December 10, 1948, at Norfolk, Madison, Nebraska
3. Frank Gothef Donner born on August 23, 1879, at Norfolk, Madison, Nebraska, and died on January 12, 1956, at Norfolk, Madison, Nebraska. He was married to Elsie Anna Muller on September 29, 1907, at Norfolk, Madison, Nebraska.
4. Elisabeth Emma Maria (Donner) Smith born on March 3, 1883, at Norfolk, Madison, Nebraska. Unknown when she died.
5. Catherina Emma Albertine (Donner) Tiegs was born on January 28, 1884, at Norfolk, Madison County, Nebraska, and died on November 27, 1936, at Norfolk, Madison County, Nebraska.
6. Paul Carl Bernhard Donner was born on April 23, 1886, at Norfolk, Madison, Nebraska, and died on August 12, 1965, at Norfolk, Madison, Nebraska. He was married to Elsie Grimm on April 18, 1909, at Norfolk, Madison, Nebraska
7. Eva Martha Hulda (Donner) Wilkens was born on May 12, 1888, at Norfolk, Madison, Nebraska. Unknown when she died.
8. Frieda Ella Albertine (Donner) Evans was born on July 1, 1898, at Norfolk, Madison, Nebraska. Unknown when she died.

I have lots more about their descendants, but nothing that would help to connect them to Wilhelm and Wilhelmina Klug. My guess would be that Alberta and Berta are the same, but there is always a small possibility that she might have been a cousin. Any ideas?

Cindy Pickard

Posted: 28 Mar 2006 12:05AM GMT
Have additional information on Johann Christian Donner and Albertine Klug....they had 9 children, I have birthdates but I need additional information to make my research complete. I am in the process of making a fabulous KLUG history, but some of my records are short. I need photos of older generations!!!! Will have information available to those who are interested. My e-mail is: ag84_1999@wireweb.net.
I have an old photograph of WILHELM & WILHELMINA KLUG. I will make quality copies but would like to have any photos that you could produce.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions