Search for content in message boards

Walter A. Smead

Walter A. Smead

Kathleen Smead (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2002 7:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smead
Hi all! I'm trying to research my family. My great-great grandfather was Walter A. Smead. My father believes that Walter was born in NY, probably in the 1830's. Walter A. had two children, Mary, who died as a girl, and Walter E., who may have been born in VT. Sometime when the younger Walter was a young man, both of the Walters moved to Lead, SD and the elder Walter had the Smead Hotel there. He passed away in Lead. Walter E. had three children, Walter, Howard and Harold. Harold was my grandfather, he was born in approx 1887, I think in Washington state.

Anyway, I don't know who Walter A.'s parents were or where he was born, except that it was probably NY. I don't know how old he may have been when moving to VT.

Any help I could get would be appreciated. I've just begun the research, so I don't have much yet.

Re: Walter A. Smead

Posted: 6 Aug 2007 11:04PM GMT
Hello Kathleen,
Howard Rufus Smead, b.25 June 1882 in Lead, South Dakota is my great grandfather and I believe a brother to your grandfather.
Would love to chat with you about the Smead family...

Re: Walter A. Smead

Posted: 4 Sep 2007 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: smead
Hello would you please email me and I will be glad to share what I have if you can share with me. I can take you back a few more generations.
Robin59@aeroinc.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic