Search for content in message boards

Arkansas Wimberly's

Arkansas Wimberly's

Michele (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2001 8:53AM GMT
Hello, I am looking for any info re: the Arkansas Wimberly's from the Star City, Benton and Pine Bluff areas. I am also interested in any info on The Wimberly Pea and Wimberly Hill. THANKS!

Arkansas Wimberly

Posted: 7 Apr 2001 9:35AM GMT
Edited: 21 Jun 2001 11:46PM GMT
My family of Wimberly lived in Ashley Co. Arkansas. About 1860 -1870.
Ritchard C. Wimberly and son John T. Wimberly

Wimberlys of Ashley County

Billy R. Wimberly (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2001 9:34AM GMT
My family of wimberly lived in Ashley County a lot more recently than the 1800s -- as recent as 1950s and 1960s. I'm interested in any info you'd like to share.

Ashley Co. Wimberlys

Beth Maywald (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2001 2:24AM GMT
Billy,
I saw your responce to Linda...My grandmother and Linda's grandfather were brother and sister. ..They were children of John Thomas and Sudie Wimberly...John Thomas was one of many children of Richard (spelled in Ritchard in census) C. Wimberly...
As best as I can tell Richard came to Ashley Co. in about 1851....and lived there for many years...His family and John T. moved into Texas in the 1870's. This is where John met and married Sudie...and they stayed in Texas. Apparently at some time in 1880's Richard moved back to Ashley county as there are records of him purchasing land there in 1885 and again in 1897...
Will be glad to share any info I have and would love to know what you have...
Look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
Beth Maywald

Wimberly's of AR.

Posted: 21 Apr 2001 11:39AM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 10:55PM GMT
Please email me. I do have info on the Wimberly's from AR. and would love to exchange info. I even spoke with 2 Wimberly's yesterday. Email me at cherrino@yahoo.com. Cher

Wimberly's of AR.

Posted: 21 Apr 2001 11:40AM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 10:55PM GMT
Please email me and lets exchange info. I live in AR. and spoke with 2 Wimberly's yesterday. I have quite a bit of Wimberly info from all the different branches. Email me at cherrino@yahoo.com. Cher

Re: Arkansas Wimberly

Posted: 11 Dec 2006 8:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,
I ran across this and thought you may want it.

Sept 4, 1858, The Columbus (Georgia) Enquirer
DIED
In Ashley county,Arkansas, on the 18th of July, Mr. Abner Wimberly, brother of Col. Jas. Wimberly of Muscogee county.

Re: Wimberly's of AR.

Posted: 16 Feb 2007 4:06PM GMT
Surnames: wimberly, wimbly, wimley, wemley
I would be delighted to chat w/you re Wimberly, Wimley, Wemley, Wimbly, etc....I have Lawson, Losson, Hiluid (spelling of Hilliard), Ida, Earl, Rosie, etc. of AR and LA,
kin to Maranda (Mirandy, Manda) and Liza (or Eliza, Elizabeth Jenkins or Jinkins)....appreciate communicating
w/you on this new research.

Re: Ashley Co. Wimberlys

Posted: 25 Dec 2007 5:08AM GMT
Surnames: Wimberly
Dont know if you are still researching the Wimberly's but I have a relative, E.P. Wimberly who also started showing up in the 1851 tax records in Ashley Co., Arkansas. Do you know if its possible that the 2 might be related? Census records for 1861 show he was from Georgia. Any help would be greatful. Thanks

Re: Ashley Co. Wimberlys

Posted: 26 Dec 2007 10:02PM GMT
It has been a while since I picked up my research, but it seems to me that I have seen E.P. Wimberly. I will do some checking and get back to you. I found that my Wimberlys moved between Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee and Texas... My grandmother's grandfather had more than 17 children..so it has been a fun search!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic