Search for content in message boards

arrival in UK of Edmund Antony KRUSZYNSKI

arrival in UK of Edmund Antony KRUSZYNSKI

Posted: 9 May 2013 7:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 May 2013 10:42PM GMT
Surnames: Stemmer, Kruszynski
I am asking for info. for the arrival in UK of Edmund Kruszynski. I have no information at all except that he married Katarzyna Stemmer in Bedfordshire, England in 1955.
If someone could assist I would be most grateful.

Re: arrival in UK of Edmund Antony KRUSZYNSKI

Posted: 23 Jun 2013 10:05PM GMT
Free BMD does not show either name as having married n England or Wales at anytime. Where did you get this information?

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 10:03AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2013 7:47PM GMT
Surnames: Kruskyski
I know that Edmund entered the country during or just after the 2nd war. I have his marriage certificate. He wed in 1955 in Bedfordshire.
I am researching for a member of his family so I have details that have been handed to me to help in the search.

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 6:27PM GMT
I had put a wrong letter in Edmund's name and his marriage is, as you say, in the index for 1955, but Katarina was not found because her name is recorded as Katarina, not Katarzyna. If Edmund was Polish he quite probably joined the Polish Forces in England during WW2 and as the Polish Government in exile took everything back to Poland when they returned after the fall of Communism, it is quite probable there is a record of his service in the Polish Army/Air Force in England. You might do better on the Poland board - someone might recognise the name or be able to point you to where records may be held.

Posted: 29 Jun 2013 7:56PM GMT
Surnames: kruszynski
Thank you for that. Only just picked up your message today. After discussing this with my husband a couple of days ago we had come to the same thought as yourself. I will try this so hopefully will find something. Although the family are more interested in finding information about Katarzyna (also known as Katarina(passport) Katrina and Katie) I will still follow this up.We are trying to decide if they met over here or she came here to be with him.

Posted: 4 Jul 2013 3:11PM GMT
If you Google "Polish Army England" there is a row of links which could help - especially No. 7 asking about a list of Polish soldiers fighting in England - the Forum leads to several addresses which can provide information. Good luck.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions