Search for content in message boards

James S. Scott b. 1813 VA

James S. Scott b. 1813 VA

Posted: 4 May 2012 4:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Scott, Dean
Does anyone know who James S. Scott b. 1813 VA died in Doddridge County, WV married Hannah Dean b. 1826 Monongalia County, West Virginia father was? I just feel like he belongs to one of my Scotts since that is where Scott's Run and Dent's Run was and they are related to me.
Thank you,
Pam Scott Truly

Re: James S. Scott b. 1813 VA

Posted: 2 Jun 2012 7:54PM GMT
Hi, I'm trying to find out the same thing. James Scott is my 3rd great-grandfather. I have all of his and Hannah's kids, one being my great-grandfather John Wesley Scott. I am trying to go further back past James with no luck so far.

Posted: 23 Aug 2012 4:19PM GMT
I also tie into this family. Going out to the area soon. If I find anything I will post it.

Posted: 7 Oct 2013 11:43PM GMT
His father's name was also James Scott b. 1777 Monongalia, Virginia (now WV). He married Rebecca Barker. The above James Scott's father was Jacob Scott b. 1748 Augusta County, VA. He married Catherine Morgan (daughter of Zackquill Morgan) Zackquill was the son of Morgan Morgan. Jacob Scott's father was John B. Scott b. 1725 Augusta County, VA. He married Judith Davis. John B. Scott's father was Alexander Scott, b.1698 Elizabethtown, New Jersey. He married Hannah Mills. Alexander Scott's father was also Alexander Scott b. ? He came to Sandy Hook NJ from Montrose Scotland in 1684. He was married to Ellin, Ellen, Eleanor, Hellen ?.

Posted: 22 Nov 2013 11:59PM GMT
Jacob Scott 1748-1808 and Catherine Morgan are my 5th Great Grand Aunt & Uncle. I have been working on this line of my family for a long time. I was wondering if you would be contact me about this line. Cynthia N. Scott, dau of Major David Scott of the War of 1812 and son of James Scott who was in the Rev War, m. my 3rd Gr Grandfather, Eli Fortney. I joined the DAR thru James Scott, and I would love to find out more about this family and where I might find some documents and/or pictures. I live in Virginia and you can contact me thru my email of: yakima40@aol.com

Thanks in advance,
Marie in VA
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions