Search for content in message boards

Hill Family Barrington NH and Starksboro VT

Hill Family Barrington NH and Starksboro VT

Posted: 26 Nov 2008 4:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hill, Lore
I'm trying to find information abotu the Hill family of Barrington Vermont. My Joseph Hill wound up in Starksboro Vermont and is believed to be from the Hill Family that came from Barrington Vermont. Does anyone know of anyplace that has information about this family? A book or webpage?

Also, does anyone know if a member of this Hill family has participated in the DNA testing for genealogy? If so, can someone please point me to their results?

Thank you very much,

Roberta Estes

Re: Hill Family Barrington NH and Starksboro VT

Posted: 27 Jan 2010 8:42PM GMT
My father's mother's family are the Hills from Starksboro, Vt. Orginally from Barrington, NH. There are many Joseph Hills in the family tree that I have. Do you know the birth and death dates of your Joseph and descendants? I could match up this information to locate the correct Joseph for you and provide the information I have.

Posted: 23 Aug 2012 10:41PM GMT
Do you have any info on a Giles Hill? Moved to New York later/ Thanks

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 12:42AM GMT
I have not found any Giles Hill in my records, sorry. Do you know of the parents names?

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 1:09AM GMT
My Joseph Hill was born about 1790. He married a woman named Nabby there, who was born in Connecticut. I think that was short for Abigail. I'd love to know her surname. They moved to Waukegon, Illinois where he died in 1871. They had 3 children that I know of, Rachel, Rollin and Lucia. There may have been more. I think he parents are John Hill and Catherine Mitchell, but I'm not sure. Any help is appreciated.

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 1:29AM GMT
The information I have on Joseph Hill, son of John and Catherine Hill is he was born on 2 Sep 1787 in Barrington, New Hampshire. The children of John and Catherine Hill are: Joseph Hill b. 31 May 1763,
Samuel Hill b. 10 Apr 1765 in Barrington, NH, died 14 Dec 1843 in Starksboro, Vt.,
William Hill b. 21 Jan 1767 in Barrington, Nh,
Betsy Hill b. 2 Feb 1769: died 17 Mar 1850 Starksboro, Vt.,
Mary Hill, b. 6 Mar 1771,
Susanna Hill b. 7 May 1775
Lemuel Hill, b. 10 Apr 1777: d. 17 Aug 1859, Starksboro, Vt.
Thomas Hill, b. 12 Aug 1779
Henry Hill, b. 29 Mar 1781
Francis Hill, b. 31 Mar 1785, Barrington, NH; d. 15 Nov 1876, Lincoln Vt
Hanna Hill, b. 10 Apr 1783
Francis Hill, b. 31 Mar 1785, Barrington, NH; d. 15 Nov 1876, Lincoln, Vt.
Joseph Hill, b. 2 Sep 1787
I've descended from Samuel Hill. He moved the family to Vermont in 1805.

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 1:48AM GMT
Do you have any information on who Joseph married?

Thank you for the information. You can e-mail me at robertajestes@att.net if that is easier.

Roberta

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 1:14AM GMT
Joseph Hill married Catherine Hill in Starksboro, Vt on 1 Apr 1817. Catherine is his cousin. However, they both died and were buried in Starksboro, Vt. They had nine children not three. They did not move to Illinois. I'm not sure this is the Joseph Hill you are looking for.
The Starksboro Historical Society has a website. And in the next town over, in Bristol, Vt is a local historian, John Burbank and his email is jbrbnk@wcvt.com
He has information on a lot of families. John maybe of help in your quest.
If you do think this Joseph may who you are looking for, I'll continue sending you what information I have.

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 12:03AM GMT
My Giles was born Nov. 18,1809. I know he was married to a Cateronn(catherine) and had children,Elesty and Francis. Then had a son William with a Harriet Dexter in N.Y.I believe he was born in Berling,Vt,found him in 1810 census. Any help would be appreciated. I donnot know his parents or brother and sisters. Thank you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions