Search for content in message boards

Concord, NH Genealogical Research Center

Concord, NH Genealogical Research Center

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 11:40PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Smith
Hi, Is anyone going to this place anytime soon?
I figured I would ask and hopefully someone would be able to help me out. I don't have a car and there's no way I can get there. I need information on two people. In exchange, I would be willing to help you if you need something from Portland, Maine. I'm a member of Maine Historical Society and can visit local cemeteries to take pictures of grave sites and see who else is buried with the person.
Thanks, Beatrice

Re: Concord, NH Genealogical Research Center

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 3:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
the records are online at familysearch.org for births up to 1900,marriages & deaths, if I remember right, up to 1945.
I have access to some pd. sites also

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 12:38PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Smith
Thanks to familysearch.org I found some information that got me to where I am now. I'm looking for two death records, between 1949-1960, that I can't find online anywhere. I got one death date but nothing on the other person plus I want to know where it says they are buried. Thanks!

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 1:12PM GMT
If you have an actual date of death, did you try writing or emailing the local library and/or newspaper for a copy of the obituary? They may charge a small fee, but it could give you all the information you're trying to find. Including the funeral home (often a source of information,) cemetery, etc.

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 1:25PM GMT
Hello-----Iam related to the Blairs of Derry NH----what info are you looking for? My great uncle was Charles B. Blair.

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 1:31PM GMT
Hi,
I am not going there. But if you can give me some details, such as names, then I can look online.

Lois
abl0nd2nd@aol.com

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 6:35PM GMT
Thanks. If I can get the other death date then I can take both to the Library. Do it all at once so I don't have to pay twice. NH has a tight leash on their records and it's very frustrating.

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 6:53PM GMT
Hi, that's great! Maybe you can help me. Charles is my 1st cousin 2x removed. He's my great grandmother's nephew.

I'm looking for, Charles' sister, Lillian Agnes Blair Smith's death date sometime after 1950. Her husband died Ross George Smith died 20 Dec 1949. I would like to know where they are buried also. I found where his son is buried and I did call that cemetery in Derry and they said Lillian and Ross were not buried there, I did call couple other cemeteries but nothing. I did find his mom but his dad George P Smith is still in the air, figured it out that he isn't the one who died in NH but might be the one who died in Maine in 1883. Still looking that up.

I do have all the obits of the Blairs I could get a hold from Maine, NH, Mass, and Nova Scotia. I can email you that file. I like to see if Lillian and Ross have obits so I can add them to my file.

Many Thanks! Beatrice

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 7:36PM GMT
Beatrice, Please do send me the file of obits at my email

abl0nd2nd@aol.com

Thank you,

Lois

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 8:06PM GMT
i wl check some of my notes------but my tree info also has no date of death of lillian------& i would love you to email me any obits you have-----my address is clement.s.nolan@verizon.com thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic