Search for content in message boards

Barresi Family from Milazzo, Messina, Sicily

Barresi Family from Milazzo, Messina, Sicily

Janet (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2002 7:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
I've been researching the Barresi surname, from Milazzo, Messina tree for the past 20 years. I would be interested to hear from anyone also reseaching the same to share findings.
e-mail Giovannajo@msn.com

Re: Barresi Family from Milazzo, Messina, Sicily

Posted: 14 Oct 2011 6:44PM GMT
Hello My great grandmother was Letteria Magnesi who married Antonio Barresi. They were from Messina. They had 4 four children, Mary, Anna, Helen and Louis. Mary was my grandmother. Letteria had at least 3 sisters, one of whom died in the great earthquake of 1908 in Messina. I have more detailed information on the history of this part of the family tree if you are interested.

Posted: 14 Oct 2011 7:48PM GMT
Hi,

Yes, I would be very interested, for I have traced my Barresi family to the mid 1700's. I do have 3 Antonio Barresi's listed, however not with a spouse. Do you know the names of his parents? Actually the name Helen stands out in my research? Did they reside in Brooklyn in the early 1900's, if so I believe I have their census and other documents?

Janet

Posted: 16 Oct 2011 1:15AM GMT
I think we should compare notes! I have nothing prior to Antonio so I do not know his parents names. They lived in Brooklyn and also in Syracuse NY. I will have to chat with my Mom to get those dates clarified but I believe in Brooklyn from about 1930. My personal email is angetc@optonline.net.
Look forward to sharing!!
Angela

Posted: 17 Oct 2011 2:01PM GMT
Hi again Janet,
I am quite interested in seeing if there is a link between my research and yours. My Barresi cousins are also waiting to hear! Please let me know the best way to contact you.
Thanks, Angela

Posted: 17 Oct 2011 2:10PM GMT
Hi Angela,

What I coincidence I was just getting the ladder out to climb to a storage closet that holds some of my past research. See if you can find out the names of Antonio's siblings and parents and also his date of birth. Through my years of research I have copied down birth, marriage and death records of many Barresi's of Milazzo eventhough I didn't provide a connection, with the thought that one day there would be one. You can get back to me at Giovannajo@msn.com. Just make sure you put BARRESI in the subject line or I might think it's spam and not open the e-mail.

Janet

Posted: 17 Oct 2011 2:31PM GMT
Angela,

I just briefly looked through many years of research pertaining to many different lines of my family. I would definitely need further information, for there's just too much research to go through.

Janet
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions