Search for content in message boards

Help with missing link-PLEASE!!!

Help with missing link-PLEASE!!!

Pat (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2004 3:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello-
Does anyone have any information on Stillman Green Graves? He was m. to Laura Matava Graves. She was born 1891 and died 1932. I would appreciate any help or information.
Thanks-
Pat

Re: Help with missing link-PLEASE!!!

lonnielass (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2004 5:53AM GMT
1910 census Brattleboro, Windham County, Vermont
Stillman Graves Age 38 Julia J. Age 35 John L. 19
Sidney D. 18 Wayland S 16 Clinton 11 Son(illegible) 7
Son (illegible) 4 Julia 2
Married 20years 10 children born 7 Living
All born in Vermont including Stillman Graves according to the census. Also listed in 1920 census Brattleboro. Nothing foung in 1930 census.
Hope this helps you. Good Luck

Pat (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2004 7:26PM GMT
Hi Lonnielass, Thank you for the information that helps me a lot. Thanks again
Pat

Posted: 9 Jun 2007 3:36PM GMT
Surnames: Graves, Matava, Bryant, Thair, Bigsby, Barber
Stillman Green Graves(5/12 English, 1/3 French, 1/4 Irish) was the son of Lucius D. Graves and Silenda Barber(b. abt 1843). Lucius was born 12 Jun 1845 in Vermont and died 7 Jun 1907. He served in the Civil War against the rebs. Lucius was a native of Rutland County, Vermont until around the 1870s when the family moved to Windsor County. Lucius married Julia Janet Matava. Julia was half French Canadian from her father and half Irish from her mother's family. Lucius was the son of Merrill A. Graves(b. 1820 Mt. Holly, Rutland, Vt) and a lady named Hannah born in 1825 Vermont. Merrill married Lorinda Bigsby later in life. My information shows that Merrill was the son of Stephen Graves and Anna Bryant. Stephen was the son of William Graves(from massachusetts) and Betsey Thair of Connecticut. My grandmother has said that it is assumed the Graves came from France. This is due to the fact that Stephen Graves and his brothers spoke French.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions