Search for content in message boards

Joseph Watkins and Phoebe Palmer

Posted: 16 Feb 2001 6:15PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 4:59PM GMT
Searching for any additional information on Joseph and his wife Phoebe. Both Joseph and Phoebe died around 1799. They had a son, Joseph Henry Watkins, born July 1, 1798 in Hampshire Co., W. VA. Being orphaned, Joseph Henry was raised by Isaac Brownfield. I don't know if there were any other children. Joseph Henry is my G G G Grandfather. He married Sarah Davis. My G G Grandfather, Joseph Palmer Watkins was born in Uniontown, Fayette Co., PA. The family migrated to Salem Township, Shelby County, Ohio sometime between 1833 and 1835. Any information anyone can give me about Joseph and Phoebe would be greatly appreciated !

Joseph Watkins Phoebe Palmer

Posted: 16 Feb 2001 10:26PM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2001 7:56PM GMT
I also am looking for their ancestors. We are cousins! Joseph Palmer Watkins is my gggrandfather! Joseph Henry Watkins married Sarah David, not Davis.

Joseph Henry Watkins and Phoebe Palmer

Posted: 18 Feb 2001 6:23AM GMT
Davis was a typo on my part. I had seen earlier messages on the board was hoping someone had been able to find something. I'll keep searching. I'm looking into Joseph, Henry, or Jonathan Watkins as being possible names for the father of Joseph Watkins. This would fit in with our family's method of naming children. They could be one of the mother's maiden names also. The rest of my lineage:

Great Grandfather: Simeon Layfaette Watkins
Grandfather: David Wilbur Watkins
Father: Wilbur Simeon Watkins

Joseph Watkins Phoebe Palmer

Posted: 18 Feb 2001 5:45PM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2001 7:56PM GMT
Good to hear from you!I try for awhile and then get busy at something else. Surely they will show up someplace. Surely there mussst be a death record for Phoebe somewhere. I would guess it would be in Hampshire County WV, since that is where Joseph was born. Do you have The David Family Scrapbook?
I remember Uncle Sim & Aunt Lulu.Did your grandfather work at the Sidney Hospital?

Posted: 19 Feb 2001 7:00PM GMT
Yes,David, my grandfather worked at the Hospital. I don't have any thing much of the family prior to my grandpa. My Dad made me copies of pictures of great grandpa Simeon and Lulu and all of my grandpa's brothers and sisters that he found in Grandma's attic when they cleaned it out, but that's as far back as I've got. It's good to hear from you. I'll keep looking for Joseph and Phoebe and put it out here if I find anything. Take Care.

Re: Joseph Watkins and Phoebe Palmer

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 8:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am just wondering if you can help...
I am looking for some information on Joseph Watkins who married Phoebe Palmer and had a son named Joseph Henry Watkins born in 1798. He was orphaned at a young age and raised by Issac Brownfield of Fayette Co, PA. Joseph Henry Watkins married Sarah David in 1824. I am looking for information regarding an Issac Brownfield Watkins born in 1829. I am under the impression that he is the child of Joseph Henry and Sarah David Watkins. Do you have any information that may help me in my search? If the information I have is correct Joseph Henry Watkins would be my GGGG Grandfather.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic