Search for content in message boards

Storr Family in Nassau

Storr Family in Nassau

Posted: 11 Apr 2007 8:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Storr
I'm looking for information on the Storr family...Henry Storr was my father and he also had a brother called Leon Storr that lived in Ft Lauderdale. Henry was from San Salvador and ran a bar on Bay street (Seamans Club) for a long time up until about 1985...he died in 1989...any info will help.

thanks

Re: Storr Family in Nassau

Posted: 18 Jan 2008 1:55PM GMT
Surnames: Storr, Sumner
Have discovered my great grandfather was born in Bahama, mother was a Rachel Storr, father William Sumner.Wonder if she was one of your mob? Don't have any dates yet but talking 19th c.

Posted: 19 Jan 2008 12:40PM GMT
Surnames: Storr, Sutherland
It doesn't ring any bells but send me some more info and I'l ask my family in Nassau. There aren't many Storrs there so chances are most are related.

Posted: 21 Jan 2008 1:22AM GMT
Thank you for your reply and interest in helping.
My recently discovered Great Grandfather, Elijah Sumner was apparently born in the Bahamas, no birth date or exact locality yet available, but his parents are listed on his death certificate as William Sumner and RACHEL STORR.
Elijah died in Fremantle, Western Australia in 1918,aged 66[or 68?] which puts his birth aprox. 1851-52., and thus Rachel was possibly born 20 years or more prior to that date.
Elijah lived in West. Aus. for 28 years and was a seaman/ sailor. There appears to be some connection between his coming to Australia and the arrival of the MOSELY family in W.A.,from the Bahamas. It seems quite a few families came here via or from the Bahamas.
Members of the family say that Grandmother [who I never knew] mentioned Rum Cay in relation to Elijah. I note there is a Sumner Point there, but never received a reply to my enquiry letter to Rum Cay. Perhaps the pirates got it!!
I digress.Sorry.
Would be most greatful for any info. no matter how small.
Did the Storr's come from the U.K. originally, or from Europe?
I love this Research but it Can get Very slow at times.
Thank You lizal

Posted: 26 Aug 2013 12:03AM GMT
Surnames: Sumner
Hi Elisas65,
I am researching Elijah Sumner and his possible link my family.
I would appreciate further information you have about his travel to and arrival in Australia.
My email is ridgeoz@hotmail.com
Kind regards,

Posted: 26 Aug 2013 12:50PM GMT
Surnames: Storr. Sumner
Hello; ridgeoz,
I tried to send an email to the hotmail address but it was returned. Could you check the address. Am not a paid member of Anc. at the moment as taking a break from very time consuming research. Have a bit on Elijah Sumner of Rum Cay, later Fremantle, West Aust. Mother a Storr. What sort of info are you looking for?
Post another message
sincerely Eliza
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions