Search for content in message boards

William Walton, Revolutionary War Soldier

William Walton, Revolutionary War Soldier

Posted: 14 Sep 2002 5:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Walton, Powell
William 'walton was a Revolutionary War soldier and first cousin to George Walton, the signer. I do not have any details on his life or family other than what I can tell you here. Thus, I have a lot of blanks in my family tree and I need help. My line is: William Walton>>Jesse Sims Walton>>Jesse . Walton>>Harry E. Walton>>Emmie Lucius Walton>>Jesse Gordon Powell>>Lisa Kaylene Powell. I do have information about the family of Harry E. Walton.

Re: William Walton, Revolutionary War Soldier

Posted: 14 Dec 2002 1:37PM GMT
My mother (Dolores Walton) always told me that I was related to George Walton. I have some names and info that you could use.

Posted: 3 Sep 2003 2:45AM GMT
Surnames: Walton related to George also.
My research indicates we were related to George Walton, the signer of the Declaration of Independence also. I understand our family originated on the Walton Plantation in Glen Alpine, NC. which still has the main house standing.

Posted: 3 Sep 2003 2:49AM GMT
Surnames: George Walton
I understand you have information on George Walton. We originated from the John William Walton plantation, the Walton Plantation in Glen Alpine, NC. Any information would be helpful.

K McIntyre (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2003 1:55AM GMT
I am looking for information on Jesse Walton.
Do not have any information to go on. My husbands Grandfather was William Walton, his fater was Albert J. Walton, and his father we are told was Jesse Walton.
Albert was born in Pennsylvania.
If there is a link, please let me know.

Thank you.

LKPDVM (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2003 6:47PM GMT
Surnames: WALTON
First, sorry for the significant delay. I am no expert on the Walton family, I leave that to others. I don't know that I have anything that would be helpful to you, as my branch of the Walton family is from the Augusta, GA area.

LKPDVM (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2003 6:50PM GMT
Surnames: Walton
I do not think that I will be able to help you. I am not an expert on the Walton family. My branch of the Walton family is from the Augusta, GA, area, and I am not aware of any transplants to the north.

Theressa (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2003 11:10AM GMT
Surnames: Camber, Walton
There is on-going speculation by members of my children's Walton Line that they descends from George Walton, signer of the “Declaration of Independence.” To date I've not be able to prove that theory.
What I know about him is limited: George Walton, signer of D.of I. was born in Farmville, Cumberland Co., VA, about 1749. He married Dorothy Camber In 1775, and had two sons, whose names I have not found. He died Feb. 2, 1804 at his home, Meadow Garden, in Augusta, Richmond Co., Georgia was buried there in Rosney Cemetery. He was disinterred In 1848 and re-buried at the Augusta Courthouse Grounds. He had at lest one brother, John, born in Virginia, 1738, died in 1783. If there were other siblings I haven’t found there names.
A cousin, Matthew Walton, b Abt., 1750, in Kentucky, died in 1819 is buried at Springfield Cemetery, Springfield, KY. I can not find information that links George or John to this line of NJ Walton’s.

Posted: 25 Dec 2003 2:17PM GMT
Edited: 13 Apr 2004 3:02PM GMT
George the Signer has no Walton descendents. Others may be related laterally.

jason (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2005 7:53PM GMT
Surnames: walton
I am related to this "Harry E. Walton. I do not think i't's the same one as your Harry E. Walton though

# Name: Harry E. Walton
# Sex: M
# Birth: JUL 1865 in PA
# Occupation: 1900 Undertaker
# Reference Number: 1633

He is my GGgrandfather

wulfpack74@hotmail.com

jason
per page

Find a board about a specific topic