Search for content in message boards

Searching for Prestons of Canada

Searching for Prestons of Canada

Posted: 5 Jan 2005 5:10PM GMT
Classification: Birth
Edited: 5 Dec 2005 11:52AM GMT
Surnames: Preston,Zubar,Ploff,Ploof
I'm searching for my ggggrandfather who's last name was Preston( first name,birth and death date unknown).He moved to Vermont where I believe he met his wife(unknown).They had a daughter born Sarah Ann Preston in 1840 in Charlotte, Chittenden Co;VT.For some reason,Sarah was adopted by the Zubar Family.Sarah Ann married my gggrandfather Abraham Ploff on May 17,1858 in VT.Sarah died on Oct 28,1887 in Ferrisburg,VT.Any additional help would be appreciated.Thank you!

Re: Searching for Prestons of Canada

Posted: 15 Jan 2006 3:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have some Prestons from Napinka or Melita Manitoba, Canada - but do not recognize any of your names - although I do have an old bible with the name Sarah Preston written in it. Frank Preston - born 1896 in Napinka Manitoba married a Brandon in Canada. His Dad was Francis was born in 1856 , but I have no birthplace - I am assuming Manitoba since that is where his eldest son was born.

May (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2006 7:07PM GMT
Surnames: Plouffe,Ploof,Zubar,Jubar
My Sarah Ann Preston was an adopted child born in Charlotte Vermont 1840 died in Vermont I believe it was 1886 Ferrisburg,Vermont.Sarah was adopted by Zubar(Jubar) family of Vermont.Sarah married my gggrandfather Abraham Plouffe( later spelled Ploof)of Vermont.

Thank you.

May (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2006 7:09PM GMT
Surnames: Plouffe,Ploof,Zubar,Jubar
Hi again,
What information that I do have about Sarah Ann's parents is that the father was born in Canada and the mother was born in Vermont.My Ploof ancestors originated from Canada.

Posted: 15 Apr 2009 11:50AM GMT
Did you find your Sarah?
If not: how many children did she have.And the names.

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 2:26AM GMT
Do you have anything that relates to the Preston's in New Brunswick?

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 11:08AM GMT
Surnames: Ploof
Sorry about the delay in response to your query dated 2009.

I am at a stand still(brick wall)in regards to Sarah's parents.I have not found out who Sarah's parents were. Still not sure if Sarah was a Preston or Ruston. Can't distinguish the "P" in Preston or if it's an "R" in Ruston.

Sarah & Abraham Ploof's children were:
Lavina
Amelia
Edwin
Sarah
Annette
Thurlow
Sylvester

Thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions