Search for content in message boards

Arnold Family - Kent County, Ontario

Arnold Family - Kent County, Ontario

Posted: 3 Aug 2002 1:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Arnold, Armitage
I am starting my search with Christopher Arnold, born 1774. I don't know where he was born, but he did settle in the County of Kent, Township Howard, and he was a close friend of Tecumseh. I believe the family were probably UELs. His son, I believe William Christopher Arnold, married Sarah Armitage circa 1816. I have this information from my grandmother. One of their sons was named Thaddeus Arnold. If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Re: Arnold Family - Kent County, Ontario

Robert Neil (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2002 2:31PM GMT
There is a Christopher ARNOLD buried in Knight cemetery in
Howard Township b.Nov. 17,1809 d. Oct. 12, 1884 and his wife Asenath b. June 3, 1814 d. Nov. 25, 1899. Possibly a son of your Christopher b. 1774?

Eileen Crysler (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2002 2:56PM GMT
Surnames: Arnold, Armitage
I believe he is the son of my Christopher Arnold, however, per my grandmothers papers, my Christopher Arnold's name was Captain William Christopher Arnold, and he married Sarah Armitage. One of their children was Thaddeus S. Arnold, who submitted to the historical society in Chatham a written account of Tecumseh's death. However, I haven't found a record of these two yet.

Posted: 4 Oct 2003 12:52AM GMT
From the research I have done, I understand that the Arnolds came to Kent Co. from PA bringing with them about 50 people or 50 families. We have Arnold connections in our lines. Mary Everitt daughter of William Alexander Everitt and wife Nancy/Ann Jackman md. George Reynolds 1797. After her death he md. Catharine Arnold and they had 6 daughters and 1 son. I need their names and further info on this family--please! Also, Eve Arnold b.1805 Kent Co. dau. of Susan Rebley & Christopher Arnold md. Louis Macon, Les Hardy, Leonard Williston & falls into our lines also. Will exchange. Nina Jackman

Posted: 8 Mar 2010 1:03AM GMT
I am a descendant of Louis A. Maçon and Eve Arnold.
Do you have when Louis was born and where?

Thanks in advance.

Posted: 9 Mar 2010 6:59PM GMT
Edited: 31 Mar 2011 10:13PM GMT
Surnames: ARNOLD
Hi,

Not related and sorry, not an answer to your query. I just happened to see this interesting story on the Arnold family........

http://fletcher-kent.ca/Arnold_Gathering.htm

Posted: 9 Mar 2010 8:10PM GMT
Surnames: Arnold Crow
I also have a Emilla Melissa Arnold (b:1843) married into John Nickson Crow in 1865, at Raleigh, Kent county, and she is listed as the d/o Christopher Arnold, although I know nothing more of this father, but would like to know if this is the same family. Coleen

PS. Hi Nina.

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 7:06PM GMT
Great booklet on Arnold Family: Some Louisville Connections, Bert Wees. Available thru Kent Co OGS abt $12.

It's my BIBLE for the Arnold's. Althogh it is just names & birth & death dates it is THE source for beginning to untangle the Arnold maze.

Also: Beer's Commemorative Bilgraphy. ON-line at Our roots/Nos Racines. A gem.

K.

Posted: 1 Apr 2011 3:19AM GMT
Surnames: ARNOLD
Headstone photos for the Arnold Cemetery are on-line; click on the name to see the photo:

http://cemetery.canadagenweb.org/ON/ONA11679/

Posted: 1 Apr 2011 9:02PM GMT
Hi I too have a Christopher listed on my tree but no dates. He would have been a son to Frederick Arnoldi a native of Germany. Christopher did have 4 daughters and 4 sons. Frederick Arnoldi was born 1745 and died 1812. this info comes from my great great uncle Ed who lived in Wallaceburg in the vicenity of Chatham Kent County Ontario. I hope this helps you. I know this is not much but is from a relative I have met many years ago.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions