Search for content in message boards

Hill Family of Lambton

Hill Family of Lambton

William Strutts (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hill, Kitchen, Countryman, Humphries, Baikie
Looking for information on James Hill who married Mary Kitchen in Enniskillen twp on Jan 22, 1891. James Hill had many siblings living in the area: Lousia, William, Fred, Thomas, John and an unknown sister who married a JC Bagley. Louisa Hill married John Humpries on Mar 07, 1877 in Strathroy, Ont and then John Bakie on Aug 22, 1887. By Mr Baikie, she had sons John and William and by Mr Humpries, she had Tillie Humphries. Tillie Humpries married William Kitchen on Apr 25, 1893 in Sarnia Ont. I believe that Lousia Hill, John Humpries and John Baikie are buried in Lakeview Cemetery in Sarnia. Any information on the Hill family is greatly appreciated.

Re: Hill Family of Lambton

Posted: 9 Jan 2002 4:11PM GMT
Edited: 17 Nov 2002 1:12AM GMT
Surnames: Hill/Park
Would any of these families be connected to Rowland Hill, Plympton Twp., who married into the Park family?

Will Strutts (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2002 4:35PM GMT
Surnames: Hill, Kitchen
I don't know about the Hills marrying into the Park family. But Mary Kitchen's Aunt Mary married William Park in March 04, 1847 so the Kitchens are connected to the Park family. I have no idea who the Parents of the Hills are hence the info on the siblings. I am hoping that someone knows the parents and can identify the family given enough data.

Posted: 9 Jan 2002 6:12PM GMT
Edited: 17 Nov 2002 1:12AM GMT
W. H. Hill m. Sarah Little. Children were:W.M.Hill, Menila Hill m. Hugh Park, Albert Hill m. Louise Agusta Couse, Louise A. Hill. This family lived in Plympton Twp., and many are buried in the Wyoming Cemetery. Do any of these connect?

Posted: 9 Jan 2002 7:25PM GMT
Surnames: Hill, Kitchen, Park
There is no mention of James HIll? How about Louise Hill? Do you know if she married either John Bakie or John Humphries? She is buried in Sarnia at Lakeview Cemetery. My great grandfather James Hill is pretty much an unknown quantity to me since I haven't found much on him other than the original info that I posted which I gleaned from obituaries (his and Lousia's). Sounds pretty good if it wasn't for the lack of James.

Fern (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2002 5:55AM GMT
Have you check out the Plympton and Sarnia Twp. census for connection of Hill family. They and the Park family are connected in a couple of ways. I just don't have it all sorted out yet.

Rise' Dahlka (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2002 7:22PM GMT
I have two James hills on my tree,1st is James A. Hill abt 1843 and 2nd James abt. 1872, both were born in Lennon and Addington , but I do know some of the family moved to Plymton and Oil Springs. I do have two different Hill familys that came together thru marriage. My other Hill came thru Lennox then on to Kincardine. If this helps or if you have dates I can look more. Rise'

Rise' Dahlka (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2002 7:22PM GMT
I have two James hills on my tree,1st is James A. Hill abt 1843 and 2nd James abt. 1872, both were born in Lennon and Addington , but I do know some of the family moved to Plymton and Oil Springs. I do have two different Hill familys that came together thru marriage. My other Hill came thru Lennox then on to Kincardine. If this helps or if you have dates I can look more. Rise'

Posted: 24 Feb 2005 4:11AM GMT
I know of one way. The Parks family married into the Kitchen family and so did the Hill family. Mary Kitchen married William Parks. Mary is the sister of Joseph Kitchen whose daughter Mary Kitchen married James Hill.

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 1:46AM GMT
Hi I have some information on this family. Louisa Hill was married to John Humphrey and when he died leaving her with 4 daughters, she married John Baikie. My grandmother was 1 of the Humphrey daughters. I have much information and photos. you can contact me at green_volvo@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic