Search for content in message boards

GRAHAM RELATIVES

GRAHAM RELATIVES

Cousin (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 2000 10:33PM GMT
I am doing geneoloy research on the GRAHAM'S from Blodgett,MO. There was GEROLD, HAROLD (died young), AMELIA, WILLIAM, and FRED. Their mother's name was ROSA JAMES.

GRAHAM HISTORY

Nathan Graham (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2000 9:42AM GMT
I have my Graham line connected from my gr-grandchildren to my gr-gr-grandparents. I also have quite a number of books on the Graham families. I want to share with anyone the information I have gathered. I of course would appreciate any help in tracing my direct line beyond my gr-gr-grandfather Moses Graham m: Sarah Ruddell, they lived in Independence County, AR., 1816-1821 when Moses died, leaving Sarah with one sonnAbraham Ruddell Graham. She later married Ambrose Creswell and had four more children. Moses operated a ferryboat on the White River, near Batesville, but was sheriff of Clark County when he died 31 March 1821 according to the Arkansas Gazette. Any who would like to share information contact me here or at: eric2@csweb.net. Nathan.

GRAHAM relatives

MandMcandy (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2000 4:06PM GMT
I can only go back as far as GRAHAM'S in the Blodgett/Benton, Missouri area. Does your information contain anyone from there?

Thank you.

Grahams NW AR, MO

Posted: 20 Jun 2000 4:53PM GMT
No, however I have found Grahams in KY, WV., VA, NW Terr., it seems the flow was from those areas to MO., then to AR., or further west. I have other lines that I have traced from those areas and I find Graham names from those areas in the same areas of AR., it is only a matter of being able to trace connections. My gr-gr-grandfather Moses Graham married Sarah Ruddell. I have the Ruddell through all these areas and back to 1531 Rudhall, Herefordshire, England. Nathan.

GRAHAMS from Missouri

MandMcandy (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2000 5:27PM GMT
My father was WILLIAM OSCAR GRAHAM born in Blodgett, Missouri on September 23, 1908.

He had 3 brothers:
Harold (who died young)
Gerold (killed in World War II)
Fred

He had 1 sister:
Amelia (who married a Lokey)

Their parents were:
Clifford Graham and
Rosa (James) Graham

Rosa died in childbirth with Fred.

Fred was raised by a Blanche ?, some relative. He now lives in St. Louis, MO.

William Oscar moved to Cape Girardeau, Mo.
He served in the Navy during World War II.
Later he returned to Cape Girardeau and worked as a butcher at Central Packing Co. until he retired.

Clifford had a brother named:
William Oscar Graham from Blodgett, MO who married a Lena ? and had a large family.

Rosa James had a least 1 brother who had twin sons:
Dennis and Lennis James also from Blodgett, MO.

Rosa James also had 2 sisters:
Zada ? whose first husband died. She later remarried an Art Sheets. She had no children.
Lessie who married Charles Murphy/Murphey. They had one son:
Charles Murphy/Murphey, Jr. who served as a pilot and died in World War II. He left a wife and son:
Charles Murphy/Murphey, III.

Does any of this information show up in the history you have found?

I really new to tracing families. It's more work that I thought.

Thank you.

Graham Family.

Posted: 20 Jun 2000 7:21PM GMT
None of these names ring a bell, but don't give up! First, talk to your parents, second, talk to your grandparents, third, talk to your brothersc and sisters, fourth, talk to your cousins, fifth, talk to any one whom you know or knew as neighbors of your family, your grandparents family, any who lived in the area and assoiciated with family members. Next, check your library for microfilm, check your county records. Start with two loose leaf note books; one for notes, the other to start building your Family History Book. I will be back in touch. Keep me posted with names, periods, areas, where those you know or find lived. We will help as much as we can. Nathan. eric2@csweb.net.
Posted: 10 Jul 2000 4:31AM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2003 9:31AM GMT
I have very little information on the Graham family and would be interested in finding out. This is the little that I know: my great-great Grandmother was Dorcas Jane Graham, born in the 1820s (?) in a part of Ky which is now Pennsylvania. Family lore has it that she was a cousin of John C. Breakenridge, VP under Buchcannon and Secretary of War for Confederacy. Dorcas migrated to MO before the civil war. She married Thomas Keeling. If you have any potentially relevant info, I would be pleased to see it. Thank you.
Posted: 10 Jul 2000 4:51AM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2003 9:31AM GMT
You said you have info on the Grahams of VA and Ky. I would like to find info on the Grahams. My gr-gr- grandmother, Dorcas Jane Graham, migrated to what is now Northern MO from Ky in the early 1800s, possibly 1830s. She married Thomas Keeling. She was purportedly a cousin of John C. Breckenridge, Secretary of War for Confederate States. Any information you could offer about the family would be of greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Graham Family

Posted: 10 Jul 2000 8:05AM GMT
Sorry, my direct line goes back to 1816 Clark County, AR., my gr-gr-grandfather Moses Graham died in that county in 1821, he was in Independence County in 1816. I am sure he came from KY., along with other families there. I have other Grahams in KY., and VA., NC., and even back to King James overthrow in England, but haven't organized them yet. I need to connect beyond Moses first. I will look at what I have though. Nathan.

John Cabell BRECKENRIDGE,,VP USA

Posted: 9 Nov 2000 10:56AM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2005 5:49AM GMT
I am also looking for decsendants of John Breckenridge, specifically a child married someone named SOMES. Does anyone have information?

D. Storie ds312@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic