Search for content in message boards

Mary Jane Mansell

Mary Jane Mansell

Posted: 17 Mar 2008 4:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Barber, Mansell, Beard
Can anyone help with a marriage reference for Mary Jane Mansell and Charles Robert Barber, I believe somewhere in Gloucestershire. Charles was born circa 1834 and Mary Jane circa 1830, their ages on census returns are not consistent.

The IGI and freebmd do not seem to list them.

I believe Charles' parents to be James Barber and Ann Cambridge Beard. Mary Jane's parents may be Thomas & Susannah Mansell.

Regards
Janet

Re: Mary Jane Mansell

Posted: 18 Mar 2008 7:44PM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2009 6:47PM GMT
Surnames: Mansell, Manwaring,
Hello,
I have Mansell's on my husbands' family tree.
William Henry Mansell was married to Ann Manwaring 14 May 1851 in Bloxwich, Stafford, England.
I would be curious to find out if they are relatives of your Mary Jane Mansell. I believe she would probably be a generation older, maybe my William's aunt?
Wouldn't that be great?
I know that my William and Ann had at least 2 children--a William (born 1856 in Wellington, Shropshire, England) and an Ann (her maiden name was spelled Munsell) (born 1857 in Saint George, Birmington/Warwick, England).
We haven't gotten 'back' any further, as we kind of hit a wall. If there's any chance that Mary Jane is a relative, would you please let me know, so that I might know where to go to get back a little further?
Thanks, in advance, for your reply,
E. Bonnie Herlihy
poor_bobs_treasures@verizon.net

Re: Mary Jane Mansell

Posted: 20 Mar 2008 11:03PM GMT
Janet,
FreeBMD shows a marriage of Mary Jane Mansell and Charles Robert Barber, registered Sept. quarter 1854 in Hereford. Hope this helps.
Margaret
per page

Find a board about a specific topic