Search for content in message boards

Washburn, Arkansas

Washburn, Arkansas

Posted: 5 Jun 2005 7:56AM GMT
Classification: Death
I am looking for death records and cemeteries in the Washburn area. When my great great great grandparents Lived in the area it was in Scott Co. So where are the records????

Re: Washburn, Arkansas

Teresa Hammer (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2005 2:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Washburn, AR is in Sebastian Co, AR., close to Scott Co. My grandparents are from there and I have lots of information in Sebastian Co. I don't know if the town is still there, but it's close to Greenwood.
Teresa

Posted: 21 Jun 2005 12:36PM GMT
Edited: 27 Nov 2005 2:43AM GMT
Washburn is a small community located on Hwy 10, between Greenwood and Booneville. I am looking for info on Washburn Township and not having much luck.

Teresa Hammer (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2005 4:12AM GMT
Surnames: Sutherland, Floyd, Lovell, Nichols, Carter
In the 1930 census in Sebastian Co, AR, they are listing Washburn as a Township, but the correct township is Big Creek and the town is Washburn.
Is the Washburn township that you are looking for in Sebastian Co., AR?
Teresa

Posted: 10 Aug 2005 10:42AM GMT
Surnames: James, Daniel,
I don't know! The census says Washburn. I am really trying to find out where Daniel & Elizabeth James are buried. Do you know the listings for Sebastian County Cemeteries?

Posted: 10 Aug 2005 10:24PM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2006 2:08PM GMT
Surnames: Washburn
Hello. I do know for certain that the Washburn Township was indeed a township, at least in 1934 when my mother-in-law was born there. However, the town where she was born was named Milltown, and it is just 4 miles off Hwy 10, nine miles out of Greenwood. Milltown was just one very small town in this township.

My mother-in-law passed away this past Sunday, and she wanted to be buried by her parents & grandparents in Washburn Cemetery, so we are complying this Friday with her wishes. I will be at the cemetery so if you need me to look around for you I would. Just let me know before tomorrow night.

Additionally....Washburn

Posted: 10 Aug 2005 10:38PM GMT
I forgot to tell you, but there is another cemetery that I know of...close to Washburn Cemetery. It is also off of Hwy 10 outside of Greenwood, but just a mile or two farther down from Washburn. It is called Pleasant Ridge I believe. You might check there as well, however, I have searched internet records and there are no grave listings as no one has walked and recorded these cemeteries in or around Greenwood. I hope to do this one of these days, but I live about 70 miles from Greenwood.

NOTE: While at Washburn Cemetery I noticed that the sign says: Washburn & Bell Cemeteries. On the north end is Washburn and it looked as if the south end is Bell. There is only empty space(about 30 yards or so) between the two and a chain link fence along the roadway connects the two together.

Posted: 10 Aug 2005 11:40PM GMT
Edited: 27 Nov 2005 2:43AM GMT
Debra, I am sorry to hear of the death. I know where Milltown is, I live about 16 miles from Greenwood, in another county. My husband's family lived in Washburn Twp in the early 1900's, I just don't know where exactly. I figured that they lived close around Washburn. It is a very rural area still, with alot of little backroads. They were not buried there, though. Thank you for the offer, I appreciate it so much.
Cynthia

Gloria Kenley (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2005 9:45AM GMT
Surnames: James. Daniel, Young
Yes, if you have time. Would like any James, Daniel or Young last name ancestors.

Posted: 11 Aug 2005 2:44PM GMT
Surnames: james, daniel, young
You may like to check out this website:
http://www.fspl.lib.ar.us/sebastiantownships.html

It lists all townships in Sebastian County from 1860 until 1930. And like I said before, I know that there was a Washburn Twp up until 1934 but I do not know if Washburn Twp still exists, but I would imagine so.

I will be glad to look for the surnames James, Daniel & Young for you.

Have a great day!
Debbie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions