Search for content in message boards

"Profile not available"

"Profile not available"

Posted: 29 Jun 2013 3:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am suddenly getting this message on names of contributors' trees. Never got it before and suddenly got 4 in a row. Is this something new?

Re: "Profile not available"

Posted: 29 Jun 2013 5:07AM GMT
me too!! since last night (Australian time)

Posted: 29 Jun 2013 5:42AM GMT
It is a problem "they" know about. In the meantime you can get to the profile via collaborate/member directory if you know the user name.

Posted: 29 Jun 2013 6:11AM GMT
I'm getting that too. Strange.

Posted: 30 Jun 2013 2:03AM GMT
I can't even access people's profiles from the directory

Posted: 30 Jun 2013 2:15AM GMT
When I came online a few minutes ago (in the US at 10:13 p.m. EST), I received a message that message boards were unavailable. After refreshing the page, all was back to normal on my "home" page.

Posted: 30 Jun 2013 2:26AM GMT
Relieved to hear that it's not some new 'privacy' policy-I do a lot of contacting other members. Thanks for your reply-I hope "they" get it fixed soon.

Posted: 1 Jul 2013 3:05AM GMT
I'm having the same problem "profile not available" when I want to send a "message" to someone.
I don't think they have even "fixed" the DNAauto match part yet. That's been going on forever now.

Posted: 1 Jul 2013 7:42AM GMT
Same for me. Something has been done with the Profile option because it is not available now for anyone's trees that I see. Ancestry is so anxious to "improve" everything that they have either done away the ability to contact someone through the messaging system or it is a nasty glitch that just happened while they were busy "improving" things for us.

Posted: 1 Jul 2013 12:13PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2013 4:35PM GMT
The messaging system is still there - I contacted someone yesterday, off-board, using the username link on one of the message boards.

Also, if you have previously contacted someone and have that mail in your message box, you can contact from that username link.

Agreed that it seems broken from the username link in a tree. For me, it is hit and miss from the Member Directory. I can locate some people by username but not others.

Edit: Midday US Eastern time it seems to be working better. I have only tested a few, but I have been able to click through from a profile name in several trees.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic