Search for content in message boards

Charles Sherwood & Claresica Lyon, Metomen

Charles Sherwood & Claresica Lyon, Metomen

Posted: 16 Aug 2001 3:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Feb 2010 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Sherwood, Lyon
Can anyone tell me if there are Sherwoods buried in Metomen or who I would contact to find out. They would be Protesant
Their son, Charles age 8, was in the 1870 census but not the 1880. Charles L Sherwood, 65, Claresica Lyon Sherwood,52 and Mary, 14 are in the 1880.

Re: Charles Sherwood,Claresica Lyon Sherwood Metomen

Thea Smith (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2001 7:09PM GMT
Joanne, About your Sherwoods, I have connections to Sommers Sherwood's descendants in Ripon and have a source for info to the other Sherwood familys in Ripon and Green Lake. I will get back to you after my next run to the Ripon Library. Charles did live in that area and maybe I can find the answer to your query.

Re: Charles Sherwood & Claresica Lyon, Metomen

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 2:58AM GMT
This is a long shot, but would you know anything about Maggie Coyure, born in Canada, who was listed as a domestic in the Sherwood's home in the 1870 census?
Sharon

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 3:44AM GMT
I looked at the 1870 census and it looks like her last name
is Coyme, born about 1850 Canada. She is not related to Sherwood, at least that Iknow of.
I do not know anything more about her.
Joanne

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 5:19AM GMT
Family Search indexed it as Coyour and it just happens to fit on the info for one of my people, so I was hoping. As I said, it was a long shot. I just know my gal was born 1850 in Quebec, Canada and can't find her with parents so far. Of course, I've only been looking for 40 years. LOL.
Thanks for replying.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions