Search for content in message boards

Adoption in St. Louis - late 1950's

Adoption in St. Louis - late 1950's

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 3:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am investigating the possibility that my mother had a child in St. Louis in 1958 or 1959, and put it up for adoption. She was a nursing student from Milwaukee, but spent time training in St. Louis during that time frame (I do have a picture of her at the "Laboure Clinic" in St. Louis). I don't know for certain that she even had a child, but a notation on my birth certificate (which admittedly could be a clerical error) states that she had a living child at the time of my birth. My parents met in 1959, were married in 1960 and I was born in 1961.

I have no idea how to investigate this, so any suggestions would be appreciated. My parents are both deceased, so I can't ask them, and I have asked my mother's siblings a few fairly general questions (trying not to upset anyone), but from the responses, either there's nothing to find, or else any secret was very well-kept. It's just a mystery that I'd like solved one way or another (and if there was a child, I'm not planning on pressuring anyone for a meeting or anything like that). Many thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Adoption in St. Louis - late 1950's

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 1:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
You might put a query out on the Missouri adoption registry.

http://www.gsadoptionregistry.com/missouri.html

per page

Find a board about a specific topic