Search for content in message boards

Ezekiel Jones family

Kantner family

Posted: 28 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Jun 2003 3:07AM GMT
Surnames: Engel, Engle
Does anyone know of a Valentine Kantner?

Ezekiel Jones family

Posted: 28 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 1:23AM GMT
Surnames: Lindermuth, Fisher, Becker, Ream, Kantner, Sears, Geistwite, Boughner, Jones, Coldren
Looking for any information on the family of Ezekiel Jones (1822-April 7, 1897, Howe Twp., Perry County) and Catherine (Machamer) Jones, 1824-Feb. 5, 1897 Howe Twp.)Their children were:
1.Ellen, married Benjamin F. Geistwite
2.John Milton, married Elizabeth Delilah Miller
3.Mitchell, married Annie E.
4.Albert
5.Lewis
6.Fannie, married Charles W. Frank

re Valentine Kantner

Posted: 29 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 1:23AM GMT
Surnames: Lindermuth, Fisher, Becker, Ream, Kantner, Sears, Geistwite, Boughner, Coldren
Valentine Kantner, born ca 1761 in Tulpehocken Township, Berks County PA, died 1825, was a son of Johann Georg and Christina Kantner. He married Catherine Zechman, born 1787, died April 26, 1848 in Jackson Township, Lebanon County PA.

Re: re Valentine Kantner

Posted: 29 Jan 2002 11:20PM GMT
I am trying to find a connection between the Engel and Kantner families. My direct line is from John Engel (1748-1837) who married Anna Margaretha Georg (1752-1824). They had 3 known children. The first two were twin sons, Valentine and Johannes, born 5-17-1781and bap't in the Host church, Berks Co.
My Valentine's sponsor was Valentine Kantner. His twin brother, Johannes was sponsored by Johannes Kantner. There seems to be a close connection, but I can't find it. Can anyone shed light on this?

Posted: 30 Jan 2002 2:53AM GMT
Edited: 13 Oct 2003 12:58AM GMT
I have family from Berks that went to Perry so took a look to see if I could find anything in my records. Here is what I found but I can not see a connection either.

Berks County Will Abstracts, F. Edward Wright
KANTNER, GEORGE, Tulpehocken. February 2, 1782 - February 18, 1782.
After 3 years, my 5 sons, viz, Michael, John, Valentin, John Adam and Simon "shall make a vendue with my land among themselves." Son Jacob and son in law William ALBERT shall have no right to bid for the place. And he that gets the place shall provide for wife Christina. Son Jacob shall have 5 shillings. And dau. Elisabeth £20, beforehand. And then shall share equal with the others.
Exrs: sons John and Michael.
Wit: Henry LEISS and Christian SEYLER. Translation.

Berks County Church Records– same author
Host Church
John Georg of Georg Kandner, bapt. October (1749) . Sponsors: Joh. Georg Kohl and wife.
Catharina of Georg Kantner and Christina, b. January 11, 1755; bapt. January 19. Sponsors: Adam Schirman and wife Catharina.
Simon of Georg Kantner and Christina, b. January 15, 1769; bapt. January 29. Sponsors: Simon Riegel and wife.
Johann Georg of Michael Pfaffenberger and Anna Catharina, b. Feb. 17, 1770; bapt. April 1. Sponsors: Georg Kantner and wife.
Johannes of Johannes Engel and Anna Margaretha, b. May 17, 1781; bapt. July 24. Sponsor: Johannes Kantner.
Valentin of Johannes Engel and Anna Margaretha, b. May 17, 1781; bapt. July 24. Sponsor: Valentin Kantner.
Johann Adam of Valentin Kantner and Catharina, b. 1788; bapt. March 23. Sponsors: Johann Adam Kantner, single.
Michael of Michael Kantner and Anna Maria, b. August 7, 1788; bapt. October 5. Sponsors: Valentin Kantner and wife.
Michel of Valentin Kantner and Catharina, b. November 5, 1791; bapt. February 26, 1792. Sponsors: Michel Kantner and wife.
Valentin of Jacob Kantner and Elisabeth, b. March 31, 1793; bapt. July 21. Sponsors: Valentin Kantner and wife.
Johannes of Michael Kantner and Anna Maria, b. October 6, 1794; bapt. December 25. Sponsors: Jacob Wilhelm and wife.
Johann Adam of Valentin Kantner and Catharina, b. February 26, 1788. Sponsor: Adam Kantner.
Sara of Valentin Kantner and Catharina, b. December 12. Sponsor: Christina Kantner.[No year given]
[No other Engel found at Host Church]

Records of John Casper Stoever- Berks County
John Jacob of George Kantner, b. March 2, 1751; bapt. March 31, 1751. Sponsors: Jacob Bortner and wife.

Atolhoe Lutheran
Joh. Heinrich of Johannes Engel and Anna Margreth, b. July 16, 1783; bapt. September 27, 1783. ponsors: Johannes Heilemann and Anna Catharina.

Posted: 24 Jan 2004 4:54PM GMT
Edited: 5 May 2004 8:10PM GMT
Surnames: Ream, Aurand, Overmyer, Pontius
Are you by any chance researching Nicholas Riehm who is found in the 1790 Tulpehocken census? I am trying to connect the three Ream children who married the three Aurand siblings in Buffalo Twp., Union Co., in the early 1800's.

Cindi (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2004 3:45AM GMT
Surnames: Engle, Markel, Schadel
No, I am not related. Good luck in your search.

Ronald Otto (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2004 7:10PM GMT
Surnames: Ream/Riehm, Aurand
Have information on the families of Benjamin Ream/Riehm married to Susannah Aurand; Samuel Ream married to Salome Aurand and Henry Ream/Riehm married to Katherine (Young) Aurand, widow of John Yost Aurand. All took place in Union County, PA. Do you have additional Riehm/Aurand marriages?
Ron Otto
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions