Search for content in message boards

Arteaga Connection!

Arteaga Connection!

Posted: 5 Jul 2011 7:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Salazar, Arteaga
I am an Arteaga in search of finding the link between one of the five Arteaga brothers in Spain to Mexico and the ancestor that I am originally descended from that moved us from Mexico to CHICAGO.

Grandfather - Apolinar Salazar Arteaga, born & died in Chicago 1929-2009
(married Guadelupe Diaz Arteaga 1934-)

|Great Grandfather - Jose (or Augustine) Arteaga born Zacatecas, Mexico
(Married Aldaberta Salazar of Calaflan)

|Great Great Grandfather - Apolinar Arteaga
(Married Monica or Ramona, not sure on name)

|There is also a link in Puebla, Mexico. If you are an Arteaga or know of any that are connected to the following cities (Chicago, Zacatecas, Puebla, Calaflan))or the previous names PLEASE message me or respond to this thread with your contact info.

|The names of the children that reside in Chicago (my fathers siblings all in their late 40's/ early 50's and up) are:
Paul Arteaga, Doris Arteaga, Brenda Arteaga, Ronald Arteaga, Victor Arteaga, Michael Arteaga.

|I appreciate any reply no matter how seemingly inconsequential it may be. Even if you're unsure, please post!

Re: Arteaga Connection!

Posted: 6 Aug 2011 6:30AM GMT
Hi I too am an Arteaga. My name is San Martin, My mother married Felix Arteaga. His father is Jose Angel Arteaga. My mother knows a bit of there history, mabe we can find out together our Ancestry.

Posted: 13 Aug 2011 9:38AM GMT
Surnames: Arteaga

Hi, I am Victoria Arteaga; my father was Victor Arteaga of Michigan and San Antonio Tx, and Nuevo Laredo MX. (1926-1995)
these are his parents:

Father: Jose Angel Arteaga b: ABT 1890 in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico
Mother: Elena Garcia (Montelongo I think) b: BET 1896 AND 1899 in Venando

not at all sure if there is some connection, but you might check.

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 4:52AM GMT
Hi there
I stumbled upon this randomly. I am a descendent of that same Arteaga family. Your grandfather and my father (Zenon) are brothers. I'm sure if you wanted to get more information, he'd be happy to answer any questions. He's 81 now but in good health. Feel free to reply to me via this thread.
best!
m
per page

Find a board about a specific topic