Search for content in message boards

Josiah Bartlett, Signer

Josiah Bartlett, Signer

Posted: 30 Dec 1999 6:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Feb 2004 3:53AM GMT
Surnames: Bartlett
I am searching for relatives of Josiah Bartlett, one of the signers of The Declaration of Independence

Re: Josiah Bartlett, Signer

Posted: 2 Jan 2000 12:30PM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2005 2:51PM GMT
I am also searching for descendents of Josiah Bartlett, first governor of New Hampshire. I have found Moses R. Bartlett (1816,NY-Abt 1890,OH), his father was Montgomery R. Bartlett of Massachusettes.

Posted: 2 Jan 2000 2:24PM GMT
Hi, thanks for the reply, I have an extensive listing of Joshia and his line. It is in a history form so will find and give you more info. From what I have been told he was my fifth great grandfather.

Posted: 2 Jan 2000 7:13PM GMT
Surnames: Bartlett, True, Cilley
Hi, found what I was looking for.It is way too detailed to give you all the info I have tho. It is not only a family line but quite a bit of history as well. This part of my family can be traced back to the time of William the Conqueror.Altho my history starts with John and Richard Bartlett, brothers who emigrated to the US in 1634-1635, and of Robert Bartlett the earliest settler of the name in New England who came to Plymouth on the ship Ann July 1623.
Josiah was the seventh son of Judge Thomas Bartlett and Sarah Cilley.
Josiah married Hannah True daughter of Benjamin T.
Children:
Bradbury Cilley,Israel,Benjamin,Alfred,Edward
John,Mary,Sarah,Hannah,Susan
Bradbury,Benjamin and Susan lived in Philadelphia,Alfred in South Boston,Sarah and Hannah in Epping,and the rest in Lee.

Posted: 3 Jan 2000 6:59AM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2005 2:51PM GMT
I would love to have a copy of the information. If you would be willing to copy it, I would gladly pay for the copies and the postage. Email me at karla_mcwilliams@ceo.cudenver.edu
Thanks

Posted: 4 Jan 2000 6:57PM GMT
Edited: 5 Apr 2002 1:52AM GMT
Surnames: Bartlett, Nichols
I also am related to Josiah.His son Moses had a daughter,Hannah who married Isaac Nichols of Haverhill,Ma.Their son was John Barlett Nichols,my great,great,grandfather. He had two sisters,AnnEliza.Eliza was my grandmother.

Posted: 13 Jan 2000 10:48AM GMT
Edited: 5 Apr 2002 1:57AM GMT
Hi there. I'm also a descendant of Josiah Bartlett, although I'm not sure it's the same one as yours since I have no record of a son named Moses. I'd like ot share any info you have. Thanks,
Shelley Taylor
Austin, TX

Jennifer Barnes Dirking (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2000 9:41PM GMT
Edited: 5 Apr 2002 1:58AM GMT
There are several distinguished men named Josiah Bartlett from that time and area. According to the "Index of the Rolls of Honor in the Lineage Books of the Daughters of the American Revolution, Vol I II" Gov. Josiah Bartlett of N.H. lived 1729-95, and Dr. Joshiah Bartlett of Mass. lived 1759-1820.

I'm just starting to get my feet wet, so have only worked my way back on my Bartlett line to 1814 - Samuel Pease Bartlett. I was told as a child that I descended from the Josiah who signed the Declaration of Independence but have not proved this yet.

Posted: 14 Jan 2000 4:59AM GMT
Edited: 5 Apr 2002 2:00AM GMT
I think maybe I have a different Josiah than many of you. Here's my (unconfirmed) info:

Josiah Bartlett (b. in CT?) m. Anna Latham
Children: Latham Samuel Bartlett (b. 1798-99)
Sarah Bartlett
Lucy Bartlett
William H Bartlett (1806)
David Bartlett
Laurentine Bartlett (1818)

I am most interested in Latham Samuel, and in Josiah's background. Does anyone have a conection here?
Thanks,
Shelley Taylor

Paul Ramey (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2000 6:17PM GMT
Edited: 5 Apr 2002 1:28AM GMT
Family legend says I am a descendent of
Josiah. But verifying data was not passed
down. We have data back to Robert Bartlett b
07/09/1786 Colchester, New London Cty, CT.
Need to know if this Robert is descendent
of Josiah. Please reply if you can help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic