Search for content in message boards

Caddy Cornwall St Just/ St Hilary

Caddy Cornwall St Just/ St Hilary

Posted: 8 Aug 2008 9:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Aug 2008 8:06PM GMT
Surnames: Caddy, Cady, Davey
My Great Great Grandfather is Silas Caddy from Cornwall he and had 2 brothers Richard and William. He married Elizabeth Davey from St Just in Cornwall. They did not remain in Cornwall as they moved to Swansea. They had many children, Francis J, Annie B, William J,Elizabeth, Richard Joseph T (My Great Grandfather)and Alfred.

Anybody else related to this line of Caddys? The family dropped one D in the surname and were known later on as Cady.

Re: Caddy Cornwall St Just/ St Hilary

Posted: 30 Sep 2008 2:32PM GMT
Surnames: Caddy
My Grandmother was Bessy Caddy died about 8 years ago aged 90, whos mother was Phyliss Mitchel. They were from Marazion Cornwall. My grandfather (I have forgoten his name had a brother, I think they both came to cornwall from wales, that would have been about 1900

Posted: 28 May 2010 6:26AM GMT
I am researching the Trewenack family from Mawgan in Meaeage Cornwell. 2 families emigrated to South Australia in1852. The name Caddy appears very frequently as a middle name yet I can find no direct connection.
Does anyone have any information of marriages between Trewenack (several different spellings, Trewennick, Trewenneck etc) and a Caddy. The name is being used generations later.

Posted: 11 Sep 2011 12:41PM GMT
Surnames: Caddy
Claire,

I think I am distantly related through the Caddy line. Have you got any more information on the connection from Silas downwards?

Posted: 11 Sep 2011 10:01PM GMT
Surnames: Caddy/ Cady
Hi

Yes I have quite a bit of info - also I have my Great Grandfather's diary from 1906 - 1908 while he was away at sea in the Royal Marines which I can send to you.

How are you related? Nice to know that we still have living relatives from that family line.

If you want I can e-mail you if you want to pass your e-mail on.

Kind Regards

Claire

Posted: 12 Sep 2011 8:29AM GMT
Surnames: Caddy, Hoskin, Richards, Bawden, Skewis, Jenkin, Hadaway
I have CADDY's from Gunwalloe and Cury. I also have a Henry Caddy HOSKIN who married in Mawgan in Menage

Jenny

Posted: 20 Sep 2011 1:09AM GMT
Surnames: Caddy, Williams, Tremethick.
John Caddy b 1823 married Isabella Tremethick I have Isabella born 1822 in Marazion and dying in 1908 in cardiff, Glamorgan Wales. John Caddy b 1823 was my G.G.G.Grandfather, he was the illegitimate son of Catherine Caddy and John Williams, John was married to Catherine's sister. They were both having children with him at the same time. They all attended church together and had the children christened together,the minister even noted in the Baptismal register that john was the child of the mother's sister's husband. They used both surnames Caddy and Williams but settled on Caddy.John's son Thomas emigrated to New. Zealand on board the "Mermaid" in 1869 before settling in Australia about 1880

Posted: 20 Sep 2011 5:21PM GMT
Hello There

I wonder how my Caddys are connected with yours as they are all from the same Area of Cornwall. I have gone back to 1792 when Joseph Caddy was born he would be my GGGG Grandfather. I wonder if your John was a Brother of his? I will try and do a bit more digging as it would be nice to add a bit more to the tree. The Cady name has now died out on my side of the family unfortunately my Mum and her sisters being the last. Notice the spelling changed to Cady not sure why it seems to be form my GG Father. He was a Colour Sargent in the Royal Marines and I have a wonderful diary that he kept form 1906 - 1908. Have you seen the post from Beachnana on the forum under my Cady search? She is looking for your Caddys. Think she was called Beachnana.

Posted: 21 Sep 2011 5:15AM GMT
Surnames: Trewenneck/Caddy/Orchard/Bice
Thank you all for the information so far. Very mysterious. The Trewenneck's (sp?)
arrived in Adelaide in 1852. There was a brother, Henry and his sister Elizabeth, both of whom came with spouses and families. It gets really interesting with Elizabeth being married to her first cousin John Henry.
Plain Henry was a blacksmith and John Henry was a potter. They all had lots of children, some of whom intermarried with their cousins and also married other Cornish families in SA, Orchards, Landaff Mathews, Bice, Pappin and Purton. The Caddy name pops up at least 3 times as a middle name for boys in both Plain Henry and John Henry's children.
I am still curious to know where it came from? One of the Mothers' mothers perhaps?

Posted: 2 Aug 2013 1:28AM GMT
My Grandparents were Richard and Amelia (Rodda) Trewennick.
They immigrated from Cornwall England to the USA (Michigan)
I Believe that there are relatives living in Australia as well
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions