Search for content in message boards

Ancestry of Patrick and Margaret Sloan

Ancestry of Patrick and Margaret Sloan

Lucille Sloan Pyrch (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2000 8:22AM GMT
Searching for ancesters of Patrick Joseph Sloan. He was born in Ireland.Patrick married Margaret Toomey.fromIreland,July1891 in Cleveland Ohio. Theylived .EastCleveland. They had three sons William Francis,my father,Joseph Patrick and Thomas and four daughters,Ann,Helen,Margaret,and Lucille.
Posted: 25 Feb 2001 11:27AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2003 7:21PM GMT
I hope you get this..a lot of those names are in my family tree my sloans came from Co. Down. Ireland was your Patrick born about 1862?

co. down Sloans

sherry clark (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2001 4:32PM GMT
I am looking for information on Samuel Sloan who had daughters Anne, Margaret, possibly Mary. Anne was my great grandmother who married William Gilliland and came to the U.S. in the late 1800's. Her death certificate lists her father as Samuel Sloan and her mother's maiden name as Quarels, but the Quarles looks as if it was added on later as it is the only thing that is written and everthing else is printed. I have an old family bible which lists the deaths of Samuel Sloan Sr., his wife, Jane, and his sons Hugh and John. from the dates we think this is anne's grandfather and uncles. Do you know of these Sloans? Thank you.

Re: Ancestry of Patrick and Margaret Sloan

Posted: 18 Aug 2001 3:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Mar 2002 10:51PM GMT
Just now read your 29 Jan 2000 posting. I have an Edward Sloan, who may have had a brother, Patrick. Edward was born in County Down in 1860 to Nicholas, immigrated to the USA about 1880 where he met and married Delia O'Connell and subsequently moved to Detroit, Michigan. They also had a son, William Francis, who was born in Albany NY. Any possible connection here?

John Sloan

Posted: 3 Dec 2002 5:12PM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2005 12:46PM GMT
Surnames: Sloan / McWilliams
Stretching, but looking for info on a William Sloan. In 1930 Census he was 39 years old (therefore born in 1891), and married at the age of 36 (first marriage). Marriage record anyone?? Names of his parents??

Reason I am looking is that one of my relatives -- Maria McWilliams -- came her on the Caledonia from Londonderry, Ulster, Ireland, UK. She was born in Antrim, Ireland (1876-1918) on August 4, 1907 (at 30 years of age).

Ship's log said she had a friend "A. ?. Sloan in Hillsdale Lichfield, MI" she was going to live with and on her obiturary, it says that cousins were William Sloan and Alex Parks. She is buried in the Ridgeway Cemetery in Ridgeway, MI.

I want to know who the parents of these Sloans were because I am ultimately trying to find the parents' names of Maria McWilliams... can anyone help me PLEASE??

Thank you.
Tammee Fensch

John Sloan (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 2002 9:14PM GMT
Surnames: Sloan
Your William Sloan sounds like my Father, born Jan. 6, 1891 in Albany, NY and married in Detroit, Michigan about 1927. He was one of 5 children (Infant- name unknown- died , John, William, Richard Emmett, Susan) of Edward Sloan and Delia O'Connell, both born in Ireland and met and married in NY State, and moved to the Detroit area around 1900.

I have been unsuccessfuf in finding any information about his Father, Edward's, birth except that his death certificate states that he was born in County Down, Ireland to Nicholas Sloan. I do know that they took a trip back to Ireland in the early 1900's

I would greatlyappreciate any help you could give in this regard. I woukld be happy to share any further info I have

Posted: 2 Jun 2004 5:48PM GMT
Classification: Immigration
I apologize for not returning your response to my query. There is no relationship. My father had seven sisters and two brothers,Thomas and Joseph . My father is the only one who married and had a family

Posted: 25 Feb 2010 6:44PM GMT
Surnames: sloan
Hello there I believe your our Patrick Sloan's maybe the same. Do you know if one of his brothers was James or John? I know that Patrick and James sailed off to America from Down county in ireland. Father was William Sloan.

Posted: 12 May 2010 5:45AM GMT
Look at the Sloan Family Tree or Jennifer Nodwell Genealogy

Posted: 15 May 2010 4:11PM GMT
Thank you for that info really am getting into this.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic