Search for content in message boards

Louisa and Ransom Vanderhoof, siblings of New York 1850's

Louisa and Ransom Vanderhoof, siblings of New York 1850's

Posted: 19 Nov 2004 5:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Vanderhoof, Nightingale
Am looking for family members of Louisa Vanderhoof who married Richard Nightingale in New York. Richard died between 1850 and 1860 and Louisa then married Austin/Justin Nuth/Nutt. Ransom Vanderhoof lived next door to Louisa Nightingale in the 1850 census in New York.

Re: Louisa and Ransom Vanderhoof, siblings of New York 1850's

Joan Hawkins (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2004 2:04PM GMT
I do not know if this will be of any help to you,on LDS web site in the Convis, Calhun,Michican 1880 U.S. census I ran across a Ransom Vanderhoof. He was b.1828 in N.Y.and his parents were b in N.Y.His wife Ella was b in N.Y.her Father was b in England & her Mother in Ire.Their are 7 children listed: Milly age 15,Ransom age 13, Florance age 10,Henry age 8,George age 6,Isadore age 4,and Loretta age 2. I hope this will be of some help. Joan

Re: Louisa and Ransom Vanderhoof, siblings of New York 1850's

Posted: 6 May 2009 8:21PM GMT
Surnames: Vanderhoof, Goddard
just browsing the boards. wanted to say this helped me some. I am the great great grand daughter of Ransom and Ella Marie. Ransom and Ella had 12 children, most of which you have listed. Ella Marie's father was an earl of Devoshire England, he was on a boat that sank on its way back there. My grandmother Mary Ella has all the original family records for the Vanderhoof/Goddard and Glenn/Brown lines. She is helping me with my tree. we dont have any info on Ransom or Ella Marie's parents or ancestors. Do you happen to know anything about them?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic