Search for content in message boards

WITTE - Angermünde Prussia - Minnesota

WITTE - Angermünde Prussia - Minnesota

Posted: 23 May 2001 9:06PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 12:24PM GMT
Seeking information on the WITTE family originating in Prussia, emigrated in 1869, settled in Warsaw/Faribault Rice County, MN.
WITTE, Henry F. (Heinrich Friedrich) (1833-1915) m. DEGAN, Augusta (1836-1911) buried in Maple Lawn Cemetery, Faribault MN.
Children:
Gustaf - 1860
Herman - 1862
Anna - 1862 m. surname GOEFIER
William A. - 1866-1943 m. surname JAEGER
Augusta - 1867-1954 m. surname POPE
Rudolph - 1869
Minnie Ester - 1874-1964 m. surname LOW
Henry Jr. - 1876
and
Charles - 1880

Re: Frederick/Heinrick/August WItte - Warsaw Minnesota

Posted: 4 Jun 2006 11:56PM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: Witte/Lippert/Degan
Have found them all & their families in 1869/70 Brandenburg Prussia Emigration records and Yesterday discovered Manifest of all arriving in New York together on the same ship in 1870!! So excited had to share the news! Family legend always held that 3 Witte Brothers arrived together in Warsaw.

Am interested in pursuing ancestry going backwards from there in Germany as I believe these three did share the same parents. Anyone know anything??Thks

Re: Frederick/Heinrick/August WItte - Warsaw Minnesota

Posted: 9 Jun 2006 11:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Barbara,
Thank you for your post re: the Witte family of MN. I do hope you will be more successful than I in locating the parentage of the Witte brothers. About 2 years ago a very kind gentleman contacted me regarding the records in Angermunde Germany of which he had copies, and there were no Wittes on the list. I explained that on the documents I had from my G. Grandfather clearly stated the family was from this town. He suggested that the family could have been from a nearby village but not necessarily Angermunde itself. So, I was at a dead end.
I would be very interested in your search.
Thanks so much,
Denise Parsons
per page

Find a board about a specific topic