Search for content in message boards

moore and bastian families in lycoming county

moore and bastian families in lycoming county

Posted: 7 Nov 2001 1:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Apr 2003 3:10AM GMT
hello all , searching for info about my family from lycoming county, joseph bastian, a civil war soldier, and the moore family some of which still reside in the jersey shore, lockhaven area in pa., any help is appreciated, rick in veromt, formerly from pa.

Re: moore and bastian families in lycoming county

Nancy K. (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2001 8:56AM GMT
Which Moore ? Do you have any info....Parent or grandparent or great with Moore surname ...I may be able to help Nancy K

Posted: 24 Apr 2002 11:16PM GMT
Edited: 6 May 2002 11:06AM GMT
Surnames: Bastian and Geraty
Hi- Saw your message on the Moor and Bastian Families in Lycoming Co. My great grandfather was Fred Bastian. I would like to know if you've heard of him? I can't seem to find any record of his existence. He married a woman by the name of Vera Geraty who was from Beech Creek Pa. I can't find any record of their marriage but in 1901 they lived in Chicago Ill. they had one child who died and one in 1903 who lived his name was George Bastian in 1903 shortly after Fred left. I can't find any record of him but he may have been married in Pa. Do you know of him ? If so many thanks if not Thanks for your time in reading this. Linda Bastian postema lpostemal@msn.com

Nancy K. (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2002 3:13AM GMT
Sorry. Wrong Moore (branch)Family> Know nothing of Bastian ect.

Moore families in Lycoming County

Posted: 24 Dec 2003 4:57AM GMT
Edited: 1 Nov 2004 12:08AM GMT
Surnames: Moore
I am searching for an Isaac Moore, Rev War Patriot, who is supposedly buried in Calahan Cemetery in Jersey Mills, Lycoming Co, PA. I have been unable to locate this Cemetery. Any clues?'
This Isaac Moore may be my 5x great grandfather.

Re: Moore families in Lycoming County

rick (View posts)
Posted: 25 Dec 2003 9:02PM GMT
lois, do you know if you are related to any of the moores from jersey shore area? carl?

Posted: 25 Dec 2003 9:45PM GMT
Edited: 1 Nov 2004 12:08AM GMT
Surnames: MOORE
I really don't have any idea if I am or not. Here is what I do know for fact:
MOORE, Isaac, b. abt 1770-1775 in NY/CT/PA area
married WILCOX, Clarissa about 1806 in Minisink, Orange Co, NY
They had 8 children:
Mary Ann, b. 1807
Isaac Jr. , b. 1810
Nathan, b. 1813
Samuel, b. 1814
Leital/Lytle, b. 1815
Charlotte, b. 1817
Nancy, b. 1819, d. 1821
Elizabeth Jane, b. 1822

In 1800 and 1810, Isaac Sr. was in Minisink census, in 1820 the family is in Salisbury, Litchfield Co, CT; in 1826, Isaac Sr. in Orange Co, NY wrote a letter to Isaac Jr in Bloomfield, OH; in 1830, Isaac Sr. is in Delaware Co, OH census; in 1836, Isaac Sr is back in Orange Co, NY where he wrote a letter to Isaac Jr in OH. Clarissa died in 1828, probably in Minisink, Orange Co, NY.
A bio about one of Isaac Jr's son's states the grandfather (Isaac Sr) was from Luzerne Co, PA (can find no records there).
I have been told that Isaac Sr.'s parents were Isaac Moore (duh) and Christina unknown. I found an Isaac Moore and widow, Christina, in the Abstracts of NY Wills. I found an Isaac Moore who was a Rev. War Patriot listed as buried in Jerser Mills, PA.
I'm sort of pulling at straws as I've been stuck here for several years now.

Sue (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2004 3:43PM GMT
Lois,

I don't recall seeing any Moore tombstones in the Callahan Cemetery. Like I said there are only a few stones and to the best of memory I only recall seeing the name Callahan on them. I am a 8th generation direct descendant of the English brothers who came and settled the Little Pine Creek Valley. My family history is spread out throughout the whole valley and just about everyone buried in those old cemeteries scattered throughout the valley are my ancestors.

I have info on a Isaac Moore and I don't seem to think he is your ancestor. According to the info I have, he had the following children: Nelson, Dennis, John, Mary, Deborah, and Sarah.

There is another cemetery called the Callahan Cemetery its located between Waterville and English Center. This road is the same road that Little Pine StatePark is located on. From Waterville, you will pass the state park. Along the way is a sharp curve which takes you across an iron bridge. About a mile or less before the bridge, on the left-side of the road is the Callahan Cemetery. It sits back from the road and there is a house closeby. In this cemetery are Callahan and Cole family members. I don't recall any Moores.

Posted: 4 Jan 2004 3:53PM GMT
Surnames: MOORE
I am only following up on a listing at Ancestry.com for Rev. War Patriots. It stated that an Isaac Moore was buried in Calahan Cemetery in Jersery Mills, PA. Ancestry's source was Abstract of Graves of Revolutionary Patriots. This collection of abstracts of grave sites contains information originally published in the Senate documents of the National Society, Daughters of the American Revolution, as well as the Society magazine. Veterans and patriots of the Revolutionary War whose graves were found between 1900 and 1987 are included in this first volume. Source Information:
Hatcher, Patricia Law. Abstract of Graves of Revolutionary Patriots. [database on-line] Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 1999-. Original data: Hatcher, Patricia Law. Abstract of Graves of Revolutionary Patriots, Vols. 1-4, Dallas, TX: Pioneer Heritage Press, 1987.

The Isaac Moore you reported on would not be my guy. Thanks.

Posted: 20 Jan 2004 12:25AM GMT
Edited: 1 Dec 2006 2:32AM GMT
Surnames: Moore
Sue, I seen you posting in response to the Moore's in Lycoming Co. I was wondering if you you have any info on
Ebenezer Moore b abt1820 somewhere in Pa. Had lived his
married life in Lycoming Co. where my gg-grandmother was born in Elimsport in 1842. They lived a while in Tioga Co in
1860 (census) and moved back to Lycoming before his death in 1866. He was buried in Elimsport Cemetery, Washington Twp. His wife Elizabeth Foster Moore later married Robert Dunbar and she too is buried in the Elimsport Cemetery next to Ebenezer.
Any help would be appreciated!

Helen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions