Search for content in message boards

Leddy. Liddy, Lyddy

Posted: 8 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jan 2002 8:31PM GMT
Surnames: Liddy, Lyddy, Guerin, Thynne, Rynne, Sullivan, Reidy, Leary
Many Liddy/Lyddys from Liscannor Parish, Co. Clare. The Liddy name has died out in Liscannor but early church records are peppered with Liddys:
Patrick Liddy mar Mary Ready and had John b June 28, 1846 in Liscannor. By 1848 the Liddy family was living in Chemung Co. NY near Elmira.
Patrick Liddy mar Bridget Qualy w/ch Martin, Mary & Michael b 1844 to 1847.
Tom Lyddy mar Hanna Dwyer and had Michael Feb. 1847.
Tom Lyddy mar Nora Liddy and had Bridget and Anne 1857 to 1859.
Mary Lyddy mar Thomas Guerin 1879 and had Bridget, Patrick, Mary and Bridget 1880-1889.
Bridget Liddy mar Peter Thynne 1887.
Bridget Lyddy mar David Rynne of Caharvanna bef 1846 and had ch Ellen, Pat and Pat.
Mary Liddy mar Tim Sullivan and had Tim Nov. 1843.
Mary Liddy mar Michael Reidy and had Bridget, John, Honora, Tom Michael, Mary and Margaret. (part of this family moved to Elmira, NY and part moved in Bloomington, IL.)
Catherine Lyddy mar Michael Leary and had Betty 1846.

Leddy. Liddy, Lyddy

Kate Organ (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Liddy, Liddy, Lyddy
My ancestors are from County Clare Ireland and are believed to have emigrated both to Longwood, Euroa, Australia and also to America. Popular spelling of the name is Lyddy but there are several variations. Other names associated will be Conneelly, McGuane and Murphy which originated from Carlow and Clare. Much of the Irish side of the research completed but would like updates on what happened after the family emigrated. Would like to get in contact with any possible relatives. PLease mail me on organkat@hotmail.com
Posted: 19 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2002 8:31PM GMT
Surnames: Rynne, Lyddy, Wren
From the Liscannor, Co. Clare records the only Rynnes I recorded are:
Ellen Rynne dau of David Rynne and Bridget Lyddy b Aug 1846
Pat Wren son of David Rynne and Bridget Lyddy b March 18, 1849
Pat Rynne son of David Rynne and Bridget Lyddy b June 7, 1850.
In the margin I wrote Caharavanna.

There are no Rynnes in the Lahinch/Liscannor local telephone directory for the year 2000.

Rynne brothers/married sisters

Kelly Souza (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Rynne
All I know is that my greatmother and her sister came
from Ireland,(county clare) and they married Rynne brothers
also from Ireland. My grandmother was the daughter of one
and her name was Ester Rynne. My mother is Florence Ester
Drew and I was wondering if there are any Rynnes in Ireland.
I live in Lowell MA and I know there are Rynnes here. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.
I hope for the "Luck of the Irish" on this one!

rynne's

marion burns walsh (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT

rynnes are from clare

marc rynne (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
my name is Marcus Rynne.I was born in Dublin in 1978,The son of David Rynne.My Grandfather Michael Rynne came to Dublin in the late 1940s and fathered 12 children .I have a great number of relations in County Clare.Check out The Kilfenora ceili band.

rynne's from/in Clare

Jerry Callahan (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: rynne, hines
My grandmother Annie Frances Rynne and her parents, Francis and Catherine (Hines) Rynne were from Kilnamona, Ennis,Clare.
A relative Francis lives there.
Any relation?

Re: Rynne brothers/married sisters

Posted: 13 Sep 2001 12:52AM GMT
Kelly, I am related to the Rynne's of Lowell. My great grandmother Florence was the sister of Elmer Rynne who used to own Lull & Hartford sporting goods in Lowell. Uncle Elmer went to Ireland several times to visit the relatives over there. The "family" farm is still inhabited in County Clare. Elmer's father was John Rynne from Ennistimon. We believe he was christened in August of 1870. John's wife was Sarah Quayle (?sp). Good luck in your research.

Re: Liddy

Posted: 24 Jul 2002 3:04AM GMT
Surnames: Reidy, Evans, Wagner
My grandmother was Honora Reidy. She was raised in Elmira, NY. Her father's name was Michael Reidy who lived on Roe Ave. in Elmira. I know she had a sister Margaret and a brother Micheal. Honora married Harry Evans in 1915 and had 3 children. He disappeared around 1925. She then met my grandfather, John C. Wagner, and had 4 more children. They ended up in Utica, NY where she died in 1947.

Re: rynne's

Posted: 11 Mar 2005 7:05PM GMT
hi, my name is jennifer I am dots or dorothys granddaughter.
Michael was my great grandfather. Dot married thomas hurlburt and had 6 kids 4 girls and 2 boys. if anyone wants more info i have a letter from one of michaels daughters my e-mail is jenn205@msn.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions