Search for content in message boards

Jacob Gibson

Jacob Gibson

kit Gibson Bakker (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GIBSON
Looking for information on Jacob GIBSON who lived in Casey Cty. in 1810 and 1820. He may have been born in Virginia between 1760 and 1770. He died after Feb. 1843 in Boyle Cty. He may have been married to Jane Tyree 28 MAR 1791 in Amherst Co., VA. Their son, Fleming Gibson, b. abt. 1790 married Charlotte Sellers in Casey County in 1816. THank you for any information. Kit Bakker

Re: Jacob Gibson

Charles Edward Gibson (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2002 9:53PM GMT
I found reference to a Jacob Gibson, b.about 1750 in Prince William County, Va., the son of another Jacob Gibson who was born about 1720, also in Prince William County, Virginia;
the elder Jacob Gibson was supposedly married to a
Jane (Unknown last name) born about 1824 in Prince William
County, Va.
The younger Jacob Gibson, b. about 1750, was married to a Mary Box, b.9 Feb 1784.
The son of Mary Box and Jacob Gibson (1750) was also
Jacob Gibson, b.4 Jun 1814 in Kentucky, d. 12 Nov 1862 in
Rhea County, TN (buied in Parham Cemetery, Rhea Co, TN
THree generations of Jacob Gibsons (with no middle name) is fairly confusing... I would value confirmation of these dates.
Have you made further progress since this posting? -CEG

Posted: 30 Jan 2004 12:45AM GMT
Hello Charles Edward Gibson,

My name is Ben Gibson Johnson, I am a descandant of Jacob Gibson and have bad news there are at least six Jacob Gibsons and the family is from England and goes back to at least the 1400's

The Jacob Gibson of Prince William Va has a will on file at the courthouse date 1734, and his father Richard Gibson was an attorney in Stafford County, VA and he came from London England...

Happy hunting,

Ben G Johnson

Posted: 24 May 2006 6:17PM GMT
The first Jacob Gibson was married to Jane Russell, Jacob Gibson's father was Richard Gibson who lived in Stafford County Virginia and was an attorney originaly from London England, his son Jacob Gibson of Prince William County, VA has a will recorded in the Prince William County, VA courthouse that is dated 1734 and has a list of his sons and daughters.

Ben Gibson Johnson

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 10:05PM GMT
Surnames: Gibson
There has been much confusion and documented errors on the family of Richard Gibson. Most findings are correct and there have been many generations since Richard with the name Jacob Gibson. I am so far, the last generation of blood line descent with the name Jacob Gibson. One of the most well known errors lies with the son of Jacob Gibson and Mary Box. Some have linked their son Jacob to the family in Rhea county TN. This is not correct. There are no ties with the Rhea County TN family. The son of Jacob Gibson and Mary Box migrated to Dekalb County, AL where he lived and died. The Revolutionary War pension of Jacob Sr. and the application filed for Mary Box Gibson shows their son living in Dekalb County, AL. All of Jacob Jr's descendants including myself have lived in Dekalb County, AL.

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 10:19PM GMT
I am a descendant of Jacob Gibson of Virginia. His will is recorded in the Prince William County Virginia's courthouse, the will is dated 1734. His son Jacob Gibson went to Frederick County Virginia and from there to North Carolina and from there to Overton TN.

Ben Gibson Johnson

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 11:49PM GMT
Ben,

Your are refering to richards son jacob that died in 1734. This is the first i have heard of richards son beng tied to the family from TN. Most of the sites i have read were refering to the the son of jacob and mary box which i know wasnt correct. I have not seen the will of richards son . I am very interested in more infirmation about richard himself. Not much info on him except birth and death dates, being an attorney from england, and founding Dumfries, VA.

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 3:13AM GMT
Jacob was a partner with John Calvert (the family who founder Maryland) in Stafford County Virginia. They bought 306 acres from Thomas Lord Frairax, Richard had been the attorney for George Calverts the family of Lord Baltimore who founded Marylan.

Jacob gibson of Frederick had a son Jacob Gibson B. 1760 in Frederick County VA was in the revolution, drafted 7/1/1779 captured in the seige of Charleston, he was a member of the 3rd N.C. Regiment of the Continental Line. Lived in N.C. census 1790,Tenn census 1810 endend up in Walker Co. Ala d. after 1839.

I have the Gibson line to the 1400's in England.

Posted: 12 Jul 2013 11:06PM GMT
Surnames: Gibson
Have you considered doing the Y-DNA test? If you are the last male descendant of Jacob Gibson of Prince William Co., VA, it would help a lot of people. If you are willing to do the test, maybe I can help defray the cost. I am part of a group researching another family, and we have done the test at FamilyTreeDNA rather than Ancestry. The FamilyTreeDNA test, the National Geographic project, has more participants. It is possible that there will be future tests in England of the surname, and some day we might know for sure that all those Gibsons were descended from Richard Gibson. Thank you for your post. I am a descendant of Jacob Gibson through a line of two or three Jacobs, and I have a tree on Ancestry.

Linda Willis
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions