Search for content in message boards

Snow Creek, Franklin Co., Va. Belchers

Snow Creek, Franklin Co., Va. Belchers

Posted: 18 Jun 2006 1:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jul 2006 11:44PM GMT
Hello,

William I. Belcher born May 1856 someplace in Virginia.
Married Ella R. last name unknown by me.

William's father:
william Belcher cr 1828 someplace in Virginia
died between 1880 & 1900 someplace in Virginia
married when? where?
Lucinda last name unknown by me born Feb 1833 someplace in Virginia
Who were their parents please?

Additional information appreciated,

Sue Roberts

Re: Snow Creek, Franklin Co., Va. Belchers

Posted: 22 Sep 2007 1:38PM GMT
I am looking for information on William I. Belcher, who was born May 7, 1856, and was married to Ella R. Oakes. They are my maternal grandparents, my mother is Odessa M. Belcher. The information I have is that William I. Belcher's father is William Belcher, born in 1828. I cannot go further. Please help!
Gordon Stiles

Posted: 27 Sep 2007 6:26PM GMT
This is my family, too. My grandfather is William I. Belcher, of Snow Creek, Franklin Co., VA. He married my grandmother Ella Rado Oakes. They had 7 children. Ella's father was Joab Oakes, and his father was Joab Oakes, whose father, I think was William O. Oakes. Do you have any information on this person. Also, William I. Belcher was the son of William I. Belcher, and his father was Isham Isome (not sure about this) Belcher, and then the next father was Isham, then Isham again.
Please let me know if this helps and if it jibes with your records. I have dates if you need them.

Posted: 12 Sep 2008 1:34PM GMT
I don't know if you are still looking for this line of Belchers, but so am I. I know this is an old post. The William Belcher that was born in May of 1856 (on the 7th), was my grandfather, I descend from his daughter Odessa Mae. His father was a William, and was born in 1828 in Franklin Co., Virginia, and they both lived in Snow Creek twp. (where
my mother and her siblings were born). I hope you have turned up some info on my g-grandfather William's parents, of which, I have found almost nothing. Feel free to contact me on my email, stilesgj@lycos.com. Thanks! Gordon Stiles
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions