Search for content in message boards

Henry Garrison

Henry Garrison

Joseph R. Garrison (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Garrison
Looking for info on Henry Garrison, married Sarah Springstead in Cornwall, Orange Cty. NY 1845....children Dewitt Clinton, Henry, Issac, Mary, Emma, Samuel, Sarah, William and Catherine.....Henry served with 15th Heavy Artillery in Civil War......died of dysentery Aug 17, 1864 at Grant's Hospital, Willetts Point, LI NY...Age 40....trying to determine place of birth......

Garrison

Wayne Garrison (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Garrison
I'm looking for the same info myself, supposedly born abt 1824 in Orange county. Had a brother named John. Cannot find parents of either Henry or Sarah.If you get anything , please let me know.

Garrisons of Cornwall NY

Posted: 9 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Nov 2002 3:02AM GMT
Hello Joseph

I have a grandfather named Charles Garison of Cormwall.
He lived on Mountain Road and his wife's first name was Ada.
We think her maiden name was DeGroat.
He was a house carpenter and his children were Alida, Emma and Bertha (my Grandmother). This info came from the 1900 and 1920 census records. This is as far back as I have gone so far. We have an oral family story of an uncle wounded at Gettysburg. Dan Cashin dcsckp@aol.com

Garrisons of Cornwall, NY

Louise R Cox (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Garrison, Fields, Sands, Coles
Joseph, your E-mail address bounces back as unknown so I am posting here. You replied to my Garrison query. Yes, I am sure Isaac Garrison and Sybal Fields Garrison had other children. Unfortunately, I only know mine, William Henry Garrison born to them in 1819 in Canterbury which became New Cornwall. They lived there until 1840s when they seem to be in Newburgh and on to Fishkill, Dutchess Co., NY, by 1850. William Henry Garrison had a son John Henry Garrison who fought at Gettysburg. He faked a wound for some reason which I can tell you my version. My direct line is hamlinl@gateway.net Sybal Fields Garrison's mother was Ann Sands. Does anyone have a Story of being connected to the Sands family? William Henry Garrison married Sarah Ann Coles of Tarrytown, Westchester Co., NY. Hope to hear from you. Louise R. Cox

Garrisons of Cornwall

Joseph R. Garrison (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Garrison, Springstead
HI Louise.....sorry it has taken so long for me to contact you....could you tell me how or where you found that William Henry was the son of Isaac and Sybal? I have information that my Henry had a brother named John.....perhaps William Henry's son John was named for him.....might be a stretch, might not.....My information is that my Henry was born in Orange Cty.....he joined the Union Army at the age of 39....he could easily be the brother of William Henry.....Also my Henry had a son named William.....so who knows? Any idea as to country of origin? I have reason to believe that my line is English....Hope we can reconnect......Joe Garrison

Re: Henry Garrison

Posted: 9 May 2012 12:51AM GMT
have you found Henry's parents,I have had no luck I'm 6 generations away.

Henry's son Isaac
Isaac's son George Henry
George Henry's son Donald Henry
Donald Henry's son Peter
Peter's son Peter
per page

Find a board about a specific topic