Search for content in message boards

Hawkins of Eastern NC

Hawkins of Eastern NC

Posted: 29 Sep 2000 5:41PM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2005 5:54PM GMT
Looking for families of Littleton Hawkins and wife Elizabeth. They lived in the Lenoir / Jones Co. areas of N.C. Have several children. Littleton is a name passed down. Also looking for the families of Miles Hawkins and wife Hannah. They were from Craven Co. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hawkins North Carolina

Dawn Touchstone (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2000 8:21PM GMT
I saw your posting. I a decendant of a James Edward Hawkins from NC. Married a Treacy Hudson from NC. They had several children. One being Majorie Elizebeth Hawkins. They moved to Pahokee, Palm Beach, Florida.I believe one other the other children,s name was Grace. Just wondering if any of this rings a bell. I have not gotten far on this line. Any help would be great. Thanks Dawn

Hawkins of North Carolina

Posted: 6 Oct 2000 9:35AM GMT
Dawn, I will look to see if I have a James Edward in my list of Hawkins. Do you know the area they lived in. Mine are mostly from the eastern side of the state. And what year? This helps a lot.

James Edward Hawkins

Dawn Touchstone (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2000 11:10AM GMT
Thanks for responding to my query. My grandmother was Margie Elizabeth Hawkins and on her SS application it states she was born 11 Feb 1913 in Raliegh NC. So I am assuming they were from that area. The year would most likely be 1890-1895. I hope this helps some. Thanks again, Dawn

Hawkins of Eastern NC

Judy Hawkins (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2001 3:32PM GMT
My husband is a descendant of Miles Hawkins and his wife Hannah Harrison of Craven County, NC. I have found they had at least 9 children. His son William, married Sarah McCoy and is my husband's gg grandfather and is buried in a family cemetery in Dover (Craven County) along with his son, Lloyd Dixon and his wife Mary Catherine Griffin and their son William Cicero Hawkins and his wife Beaulah Alphin. Do your records indicate that Littleton and Jesse Hawkins were brothers and that Jesse was the father of Miles? Was William and Rhoda Hawkins the parents of Littleton and Jesse?

Hawkins of Eastern, NC

Posted: 1 May 2001 9:24AM GMT
Yes, Judy in reply to your note, I have William & Rhoda Hawkins as the parents to Littleton and Jesse, along with 5 other children. Still working on some of them. I do not have much on your branch, except husband and wife. My line is from daughter, Huldia, who married William Nobles. Also, my Nobles man is the son of Nancy Hawkins, dau of Littleton. Plus Nancy's daughter Eliza Nobles, married a Hawkins also. Will be glad to share information.

Hawkins of Eastern NC

Judy Hawkins (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2001 6:52PM GMT
Thank you for the information concerning Jesse and Littleton. I have the following information concerning Miles and Hannah Hawkins:
Miles Hawkins b. abt 1812 m. Hannah Harrison b. abt. 1820 on Nov. 20, 1837, had the following children:
1) William T. Hawkins b. 1839 d. Dec. 15, 1910, m. Sarah McCoy b. Feb 2, 1836 d. Feb 2, 1905 Buried in Hawkins Family Cemetery, Dover (Craven County, NC)
2) James Hawkins b. abt. 1842
3) Allen Hawkins b. abt 1845
4) Nathan Hawkins b. abt. 1848
5) Anne Hawkins b. abt. 1850
6) Julia Frances Hawkins b. abt 1852 d. Dec. 28, 1924 m. Nathaniel F. Wetherington on Oct. 4, 1871
7) Geminsie Hawkins b. abt. 1856
8) Huldah Hawkins b. abt. 1860
9) Caroline Hawkins b. abt. 1864 m. John H. Lee on Nov. 1, 1883
per page

Find a board about a specific topic