Search for content in message boards

JOHN MORAN and ARRENA

JOHN MORAN and ARRENA

Posted: 2 Apr 2003 4:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Mar 2005 1:35AM GMT
Surnames: Moran
John and Areena Moran are listed on the 1900 Pike County AR Census, family # 112. I am seeking the maiden name of Areena, b 1834 GA. Fran Chancellor gfrc35@hotmail.com

Re: JOHN MORAN and ARRENA

Posted: 14 Apr 2003 12:41PM GMT
Edited: 15 May 2004 6:22PM GMT
Surnames: Horn, Moran Caldwell, Pierce
Fran, I noticed this email and here is what I have. John Wesley Horn married Arrena Eliza Moran on Jan 12-1897 at Pike County Ark. Arrena was the daughter of Seaborn Moran and Emma Jane Caldwell born 12-9- 1880 at Tallapoosa Co., Ala died on 3-12-1969 buried at Fairview cem. Hubbard, Tex/ This is Bob 'sHorn side. Remember that Thomas Pierce married Roxie Horn. Carolyn

Re: John Milner Moran

Posted: 25 Mar 2005 6:59PM GMT
Edited: 10 Apr 2005 11:33PM GMT
Surnames: Moran, Roberts, Lightsey
Fran,

John Milner Moran married Amanda Arena Roberts, and I believe this is the family you found in Pike County, AR census. They were just one of the Moran families who settled in Montgomery and Pike County, AR.

My David Isaiah Moran who married Nancy Lightsey is John Milner's nephew. If you are researching the Moran side, perhaps I can help, as I was a Moran.

My E-Mail is: jbshultz@att.net
Happy Hunting!
Brenda (Moran) Shultz

Re: Penn Moran and Rosie Pierce

Posted: 25 Mar 2005 9:18PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2005 6:54PM GMT
Surnames: Moran, Pierce
Do you know if they had a son named Penn who was a friend of Rosie Pierce, daughter of Joseph and Mary Fox Pierce Bagwell? Mary's father was Thomas Fox who was born GA. I am looking for a connection to his family. Also, I have a picture of Penn Moran and Rosie Pierce. Thanks, Fran

Patrick E. Moran (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2005 6:03AM GMT
Edited: 3 Apr 2005 3:51PM GMT
Surnames: Moran, Thrash
Fran, you do not mention dates, but John Milner Moran (my great-grandfather) did not have a son named Penn Moran. I believe you may be referring to a great-grandson of John Milner Moran.

John Milner had a son, Taylor Leroy, who had a son, John Henry Moran, who was married to Katie Belle Thrash. They were the parents of Henry T. P. (Penn) Moran, who was born 3-25-1905 in Pike Co., Arkansas; died 7-20-1986; married c.1926, Delsie M. Self.

I hope this information will tie in with your research. If I can help further, please contact me directly via email. Thanks.

Posted: 28 Aug 2007 2:17AM GMT
My great Uncle Penn was the son of John Henry Moran and Katie Belle Thrash. Perhaps it is the same Penn Moran. Penn's brother Olan Clinton Moran was my grandfather.

Posted: 28 Aug 2007 2:23AM GMT
Just read your post. Penn Moran was my great uncle. His brother Olan Clinton was my grandfather. I have a short story of their family written by their sister Virginia with a family photo. It is a little faint but a real treasure to be sure. My dad was a Moran...and ended there with 3 girls in our line. Faye

Posted: 3 Mar 2011 5:56AM GMT
Surnames: Moran, Baily, Campbell
Patrick, I bought your excellent book on the Morans a few years ago and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you for doing all that work! I, too, am a descendant of John Milner Moran and was very interested in his personal story after the War Between the States. If you or anyone else knows anything more about his decision to move from Tallapoosa County, AL to Pike County, AR, or the smallpox epidemic his family suffered, or anything that happened to him, I would be very interested. Thanks.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic