Search for content in message boards

Moore Family/Moore County/North Carolina/1700's

Moore Family/Moore County/North Carolina/1700's

Posted: 4 Aug 2005 2:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Aug 2005 5:31PM GMT
Surnames: Moore,Garner,Maness
I am trying to locate the parents of George(Gorge) Moore.Born abt 1823 in Moore County,NC.He was married to Mary Maness and their childern are; William,Andrew,Sarah,Elias,Gorge,Mary J,Enoch,Elizabeth.Gorge was killed in the Civil War but I found Mary as Head of Household in 1870.She may have remarried because I can't find her in 1880.Both Gorge and my great grandfather were intertwined and married to the Garner's and Maness's of Moore,Chatum,Randolph,Rowan,Alamance and Eredell counties.N C.Know any Moore's with a son named Gorge who was born from 1800 back say to 1780?

Re: Moore Family/Moore County/North Carolina/1700's

Brenda Wright Walther (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2005 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Moore and Wells
I am trying to locate information on Enoch M Moore, b. 1825 in North Carolina who maried Malinda Wells also born in N Carolina which reflects on 1880 census that both their parents were born in N Carolina. They migrated to Greene County, TN and were my great-great-great- grandparents.

Thank you.

Posted: 1 Apr 2006 4:19AM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Freeman
I am the great _ _ grandaughter of Jeremiah Moore and Elizabeth Freeman Moore whose daughter Sarah married Samuel Almond. Check Jeremiah Moore's Census records from Salisbury NC. Names you mentioned sound familiar. I hit a roadblock when I tried to go back further but Jeremiah Moores family was from there as well.

Posted: 16 Aug 2008 2:13AM GMT
Surnames: Moore
I know this post is old but if you still havn't found the info my father searched using tax records he has George Moore born 1825 married Mary Maness. His parent's George Moore married Mary Beck Dec 15, 1798. He does not have birth or death dates for either of these. George Moore son of William Moore the son of Edward Moore Sen. This info is from tax records and the will of Edward Moore Sen.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions